I have found the ultimate beer lovers gadget!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orfy said:
Bit of an overkill. The jet engine has got nothing to do with it. Just open the tap on the bottle and it will do the same thing.

This
is my favorite.

You seem to have missed two vital points Orfy:

1. He invented this thing with the sole purpose of chilling his beer in his shed.

2. The engine itself will run at up to 100000 rpm with exhaust temperatures of around 500 C and noise levels in excess of 125 dBA. That's a bit cooler than just opening the valve!

PeteOz77 said:
That bender Fermenter is very cool, but how much cooler would it be if it were a Kegerator instead?

Much cooler. That red one is sorta lame. Looks like he's peeing beer

PeteOz77 said:
You seem to have missed two vital points Orfy:

1. He invented this thing with the sole purpose of chilling his beer in his shed.

2. The engine itself will run at up to 100000 rpm with exhaust temperatures of around 500 C and noise levels in excess of 125 dBA. That's a bit cooler than just opening the valve!

It would be a lot cooler if the turbine was to drive an AC compressor(s) that would chill the water the beer is in. I mean, with that much horsepower you'd have to drive a pump to keep the water circulating so it didn't freeze around the beer cans! Simply cooling by discharging a large amount of propane is inelegant. You have to USE the power you're generating.

Fingers said:
It would be a lot cooler if the turbine was to drive an AC compressor(s) that would chill the water the beer is in. I mean, with that much horsepower you'd have to drive a pump to keep the water circulating so it didn't freeze around the beer cans! Simply cooling by discharging a large amount of propane is inelegant. You have to USE the power you're generating.

OK, then let's figure out a way to use 500°C and 125DB too!! :ban:

PeteOz77 said:
OK, then let's figure out a way to use 500°C and 125DB too!! :ban:

Drown out the wife and warm up her frosty looks?

I think the point that Orfy was making is that the cooling of the tank is a byproduct of the device and the actual energy extraction is being ignored. The same would apply to the sound. The 500º exhaust is the purpose of building the device, and IMHO, should be used as the prime mover to cool the beer.

I just find it more funny to use a massive energy source to perform a small task. For example, it would be more funny to crack an egg by flinging it through a steel plate at super high velocity than it would be to use the vibration from launcher to make the egg roll of a table and break.

Back