My keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterClean

Reaction score
So I finished my keezer today. Bought a 14.8 cuft freezer from home depot, and painted it. Then I built a collar out of 2x4, and covered that with 1x6 red oak that I stained to match my cabinets.

One thing I'm waiting for is longer beer hose. I originally bought premade 5ft lines, but they're not long enough. If I go above 6 or 7 psi I get a ton of foaming. So once the hose gets here I'll have to redo the one tap I have in service right now. I'm also still waiting on more ball lock fittings to finish the other taps.

5# co2
tap rite dual body regulator (1 for serving, one for force carbing)
Keg connection 3 way
Perlick stainless shafts and tailpiece
Perlick 525ss

Before painting:

ForumRunner_20130402_154848.jpg

After painting, used chalkboard paint on top

ForumRunner_20130402_154907.jpg

ForumRunner_20130402_154924.jpg

Staining the boards

temp_5.jpg

Gluing those suckers on. Used PL which is really good strong stuff.

ForumRunner_20130402_155058.jpg

The finished product:

ForumRunner_20130402_155116.jpg

Mmmm Freetail Rye Wit

ForumRunner_20130402_155129.jpg

It was fun to build. Can't wait to get my longer beer lines, and to get more beer going. Only have one on tap is killing me :)

Thanks. Not as nice as some posted here, I know. But this one's mine! And I think it turned out pretty decent. It serves cold beer and it isn't an eyesore, so mission accomplished :)

I used the rustoleum appliance spray paint. No primer, just wiped everything down well with acetone. In hindsight, I would have put more coats on. Even with 3 coats it still scratches fairly easily, it's just no match for a factory coating. You can see a few scratches on the bottom where I moved it into the house. Noone else will probably notice it, but I do and it kills me.

So, next step is tap handles. Here's what I want to do.

I freaking love Game of Thrones, and the house emblems. So my plan is to try and make tap handles that look like the picture at the bottom of the post.

I have the sigils I want saved on my PC - Baratheon (Stannis the Mannis!), Stark, and Greyjoy. I have also found a way to transfer the sigils to wood, using this tutorial. The only thing holding me back is finding wood that's properly shaped. I'd really rather find wood that's already shaped in the long V shield style than have to make it myself. My wood working skills aren't that fantastic when it comes to detail work.

So if anyone has any leads one where to find wood shaped like that in a decent size, shoot me a message. I'd really rather not have to make it myself ;)

00300308-147441.jpg

Back