New home and new brew room.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuyRyan

Reaction score
So I was about 90% finished building my brewery in my old house this summer and just about to start brewing again when things made a turn for the better and we found ourselves looking for a bigger home which meant no brewing when the house was up for sale. So after brewing two batches this summer/fall the equipment was packed back up and we were on the market for a new home. We came across a really good deal on a home that is 4x what our old one was so we jumped on it and havent looked back!

The new home has over 3500 square feet with a full finished basement with a full 2nd kitchen which means the new brew room was already built! We are almost completely moved in but some things had to wait since I needed the brewery up and running since I have almost no beer left on tap. I got the Blichmann converted to natural gas and ran two batches this month and everything went very well. The actual brewing area is smaller than my old brewery but with the hood exhaust fan and natural gas burner even at full boil the temps in the room stay in the low 80's with the exhaust on and windows open. Next I plan on moving some of the cabinets out and installing a larger hood so I can get another burner in and then possibly opening up the wall between the home theater room and brew room.

IMG_2524_zps45f1bbb5.jpg

IMG_2520_zpsaf308f52.jpg

IMG_2514_zps8a9c1852.jpg

IMG_2506_zps401a5f81.jpg

Very nice place. The brew room and the HT are sweet. Gotta love the 3-car garage! We have one too, but only have one car in there.

Your front three HT speakers look familiar. What are they? A large 3-way center channel speaker makes all the diff. Our center channel is also a 3-way and an 85lb beast.

great looking place, Ryan! glad to see you back on hbt. by the way, there's a hop contract going on right now. hint, hint...

Very nice place. The brew room and the HT are sweet. Gotta love the 3-car garage! We have one too, but only have one car in there.

Your front three HT speakers look familiar. What are they? A large 3-way center channel speaker makes all the diff. Our center channel is also a 3-way and an 85lb beast.

Yea I love the garage, that and the basement was all I wanted when we were looking at home the rest is for the kids and wife. Once I find a deal on a work shop sliding curtain one of the stalls will be dedicated to my woodworking shop and the rest for the cars. And going from one bathroom with 5 people to 4 bathrooms was nice. As for the speakers they are Onix Rocket RS450's with a Onix Bigfoot RSC200. And I love them but wish I had more amps to push them. I upgraded to a 7.2 setup at the new house and have some JBL's and Klipsch for the sides and rears but they don’t match up very well with the Rockets so I am working on finding some new rears.

Yea I love the garage, that and the basement was all I wanted when we were looking at home the rest is for the kids and wife. Once I find a deal on a work shop sliding curtain one of the stalls will be dedicated to my woodworking shop and the rest for the cars. And going from one bathroom with 5 people to 4 bathrooms was nice. As for the speakers they are Onix Rocket RS450's with a Onix Bigfoot RSC200. And I love them but wish I had more amps to push them. I upgraded to a 7.2 setup at the new house and have some JBL's and Klipsch for the sides and rears but they don’t match up very well with the Rockets so I am working on finding some new rears.

Ahh, Rockets! I knew I recognized them. If you are looking for lots of power and not too muc $$, check out the Emotiva XPA-3. I have one for my front three speakers and it is a BEAST! I use my HK 7200 for the four rear speakers.

Back