Any brewers looking for malted GF grains?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpcondo

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with malting and brewing with gluten free grains, especially millet and have been getting pretty good results. I am now wanting to brew full batches of these gf beers, the problem is that these grains are expensive by the pound unless I buy bulk. Also very expensive, so my question is that if I buy bulk grains and malt it would anyone be interested in buying the rest?

I might be interested.

Where are you (for shipping)? What amount would you need to sell? How much would you want for it?

Hey guys thanks for the interest. I am in Ohio, and I am trying yo gauge interest so I can buy millet in bulk to reduce costs. So the prices and the amounts would depend on how much people are interested in getting. With enough interest, and the prices that I'm finding right now; I think I could get the price down to $2-$3 per lb. Unless I find some cheaper grain.

Will you just be doing Millet, or several grains? Will you be listing the possible grains and estimated diastatic power, or is everything besides Sorghum nill?

Will you just be doing Millet, or several grains? Will you be listing the possible grains and estimated diastatic power, or is everything besides Sorghum nill?

They all have DP. Any starchy seed has to, or it wouldn't have evolved to store starches. Whether or not you can manage to retain the DP well enough is another matter.

Back