If you could set it all up again?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
If you could set your kegs all over again, what you do the same and waht would you change?

Why do I ask, I am about to set a keg system up, what is the best kegs, line cleaners, etc etc

what do you still like about your set-up?

Thanks

Every keg on its own regulator, buy kegs that are cheap and easy to find in your area, 20# tank, perlick faucets. Start small but have a plan, so you dont buy something to sell it in a few months.

concur on the 20lb C02; perlick faucets; anti-blow back T's/shutoffs; at least able to hold Four Kegs; but the ability to lager more is still a problem.

I have a fridge I converted, two taps. I would out in three taps and a forth line to slow carb my 4th sankey.

Now are all the new kegs going to be ball locks?

I think this weekend I am going to go get a 3 gallon keg from my LHBS, which I am pretty sure that it too is a ball, would it be best to only use one type of keg and stick with the ones they are still going to make?

thanks. i was hoping some people would talk about single and twin body too.

Go with a dual body Taprite regulator from the start.
Get the fridge with the freezer on the bottom this time (current one is freezer on the top).
Already have a 20#, 10#, 5#, 2 2.5# and a mix of paintball CO2 tanks/bottles. :D
Get the Leland regulator MUCH sooner than I did (for use with the paintball CO2 bottles).
Got both the Beer Gun and Bowie bottler setups. Next time, just getting the Beer Gun. IMO, MUCH easier to use.
Install shutoff valves on one side of the bulkheads that go through the sides of the fridge.

I already plan on getting either another (larger) brew fridge or making a keezer when I move in a few months. At that point, I might start using 5 gallon kegs, but for now I'm really happy with the 3 gallon kegs I use for almost all my batches. Since I put about 6.5 gallons into fermenter, I get about 6 gallons out. I might change that when I start fermenting 10-12 gallon batches (got the keggle made, so I'm good to go there)...

Ok So I am thinking about just starting with three mini-kegs and a party CO2/line set-up. The probelm is that I don't have alot of room.

Back