How much do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta have my grains!

2-3 a day, keeps me healthy.

4 or 5 times a month, usually when I'm grilling or brewing, I'll put away a sixer over the course of the evening. I never regret it, and I hold my drink well. If I'm doing anything technical I won't drink at all, but I've never had a problem with my consumption rate, and my family doesn't mind it. I think the taboo that surrounds drinking is largely an American construct; after traveling through Europe I started drinking more regularly, and my body thanked me.

I usually have one pint a night, right when I get home. Sometimes more on the weekends, especially if I'm brewing. I usually brew faster than I drink, so I try to spread the wealth by taking full growlers to homebrew club meetings and friendly get-togethers.

1 maybe 2, once or twice during the week, and probably 3 to 5 over the course of the weekend

I drink beer everyday. 2 on a long workday, 5+ on a day off. IPAs, PA, RIS.

Been eating Paleo diet (except beer) for a year now and maintaining ~177lbs @ 6'2".

Similar to other comments... I've found a balance. About 2 a night, usually less than a pint each. I'll mix an IPA or sometimes an IIPA with something less potent. Swim a 1-1.5 miles each night during the week, less one day on the weekend. This along with a pretty strict paleo-type diet during the week has kept me at a good weight. Almost all of my carb allotment is beer. On the weekend/Sat I can easily knock out six IPA's during an afternoon/evening, especially if it's a neighborhood sports get-together. Yesterday I had 4 playing golf and before bed.

I like the newer posts on this thread a lot, they mostly show a healthy balance between our hobby and our lifestyle. Many of the earlier posts really had me shocked to be honest.

I like the newer posts on this thread a lot, they mostly show a healthy balance between our hobby and our lifestyle. Many of the earlier posts really had me shocked to be honest.

Agreed, I like to brew more than I can drink...I wonder why I have more friends since I started brewing lol

I usually have around 5 beers a week and usually there are 1 or 2 days I have no beer. I keep it to 1 beer a day. I brew way faster than I can drink, so I end up giving most away to a few friends. I'm a light weight, and even at 185 lbs, I can get a buzz off one 6% pale ale. I love it!

Latest posts

Back