Nano Brewery: Build or Buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost think that the shape of these, tho would be a pain in the ass to clean would catch sediment very well. There would be some engineering that would need to be done tho.

I'd be afraid of plastics in commercial use. They will scratch and eventually harbor bacteria. Most will be prone to oxidation, obvioiusly they'll have to be stored in a walk-in cooler.. doesn't seem practical to me. I'm in the UC Davis brewing program now, and I'm looking into starting a small operation myself soon, less than 3 barrels. I'm not saying I know everything about brewing but when I cam across that link at the beginning of this thread I didn't think those white conicals looked smart to use. I don't get why everyone is so afraid to start small. I figure get the locals involved in your beer, sell to bars, restaurants and pubs, keep in contact and let them know when you have beer available. It all depends on the customer relationships. Also I'm thinking about casking most of my stuff in one off bartop gravity casks. No dealing with empty tap handles etc.. Aiming for a superpremium local brand attitude. Any suggestions or chatting would be great. New to this site today!

Well there is a website up now with the types of beer they sell and pictures of the business. http://bonfirebrewing.com/

I hope everything is going well for these guys, I think all of us as home brewers would love to think we could do something like this someday.

Back