Great brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had a couple of folks over today for a brew session....I love when n00bs come over because I love teaching the basics. The guy who designed my logo stopped over with his girlfriend and they went through a whole brew from mash-in to yeast pitching. They were sponges--it was great to see such interest.

Of course had a couple of other buddies over too...one of them is pretty much a budding brewmaster of his own. He pretty much did everythign from start to finish today and I supervised. He did everythign great except for he got interested in somethign shiny on his truck and almost let the kettle boil over.

We brewed up the award winning B's Honey Wheat today, without a hitch. This one will eventually be B's Honey Wheat: Watermelon--which I'm going to bring to Denver for NHC Club Night.

Great fun today--I drank more than I wanted to during the brew session--but that always happens with a crowd over here.

Dude said:
Great fun today--I drank more than I wanted to during the brew session--but that always happens with a crowd over here.
Can I have that problem? I've been so busy lately I havn't been able to brew much. I've got a couple ready to bottle, and a sack of crushed grain just begging to be mashed.

Did you recruit them for HBT membership? ;)

Sounds great, Dude. I'm SO looking forward to brewing this weekend... supposed to be a wintery mix, I don't give a rat's ass, I'm BREWING, GODDAMIT!

I so hate you right now.....

I'd love to be able to throw a brew session mid week

ive been wanting to teach a few friends ho to as well....well maybe soon

Chimone said:

And I'm jealous of you guys that get to do it on weekends! :p

The fun part for me is having people out there with me....makes the day go fast.

Plus my beer went over really well. I had a moment of silence for the kicked keg of Bitter End.

Chimone said:

Well Chimone your going to get that chance at the next Hop heads get-together! We are all very excited to have you show us the intro into all-grain. :D

I also enjoy get-together for brew days! And every interested person in HB'ing is a future great beer maker! I'm exited next weekend at our first Hop Head get together we have a few new HB'ers we are going to run the basics to. It's really a lot of fun watching someone who has never seen beer brewed before! Normally they are just in awe of the process and can't wait to do it themselves!

Back