• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20+ gallon glass jugs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ribbon

Reaction score
Just testing the waters. Would anyone be interested in 20gl glass jugs? In the DC metro area.
107qb1s.jpg

its a 20 gallon jug. Its a little more actually. I have 4 of them. Not 20 1 gallon jugss . Sorry about that ;)

a little more than a 6 gallon one. Its not terribly heavy. I could lift it with one hand. Just added a pic to the main post

Where the hell did these come? They almost look hand-blown lol. I'd think if they are not real heavy, they'd break pretty easily. Don't want to waste 18+ gallons of beer man.

Hand blown yes. Although they are thicker and stronger than one would think. They came from Asia so they were rugged enough to come over without breaking. They are just about as thick as a normal 5-6 gallon one... just bigger. Its not like its 100lbs though :)
I guess i'm the only one that lifts with one hand :p

If you were to use this i would say to use it in a place where you wouldn't move it. 8.35lbs a gallon (water) x 20 is some weight.

From the picture those look more like 6-7 gallon carboys, not 20 gallon jugs, assuming that those floor tiles are 12" square. Make sure no other faucets are open in the house, take a reading from the water meter, fill it, then see what the water meter says. That is the actual volume. Also considering that 1 gallon of water weighs almost 8lb, 20 gallons of water weighs over 150lb. Beer is also heavier than water. I do like that they're tinted though, as light can have an affect on fermenting beer.

I'm interested. Need pricing and pick up address. My job takes me all over the state so pick up should not be a problem.

Kevin

40 bucks a peice seems fair. I filled it twice with a 6 gallon just and hardly hit the 1/2 way mark. I agree it does look smaller... but is not. I live in harpers ferry, wv but work down in bethesda. so anywhere in between is fine.

i have four 20 gallon jugs... each jug holds 20+ gallons. I will check the exact ammout.

Back