pics of our first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLuvnGrl

Reaction score
well i thought id share a pic or two of our first brew.. its in the 2nd fermentor now and needless to say i had to taste it before and it was soo good cant wait for it to be ready..

(btw.. this is more sailmans beer! mine is in the first fermentor now and ill post pics of my grains too!)

wio67d.jpg

a close up:
wio6ew.jpg

cant wait til its bottling time!!!:ban:

we didnt have as much beer as we would like to had. what do you guys think aboult the head space? will it be ok? the next batch will have about 5.5 gal.

Chairman Cheyco said:
Nice work! Careful with those carboy handles, there are stories of them coming off when it's full (not mine of course, :D)
They're not for lifting when full, only for balance.

I place all my carboys (4) in milk cartons with several layers of cardboard in the bottom of the carton for cushioning. I carry the carboy by the carton handles.:D

that's a really good idea, and piece of advice... i've had several slip with wet hands. luckily i've caught them all, but near misses on the highway don't get my heart rate up like tumbling/slipping carboy....:drunk:

And you REALLY have to be careful... one of our Club Members ended up with 14 stitches in his leg when he dropped a carboy full of sanitizer on his bathroom floor!!!!

great idea with the milk crates! Mine are in a bathtub and it gets tricky getting the carboy out of the tub.

Girls......beer looks like a winner!

BeerLuvnGrl said:
cant wait til its bottling time!!!:ban:

You'll be singing a diferent tune after you bottle a couple times. its the only drawback to brewing IMO. Looks great otherwise.

JimmyBeam said:
You'll be singing a diferent tune after you bottle a couple times. its the only drawback to brewing IMO. Looks great otherwise.

I don't understand why people hate bottling so much... even though i've only bottled 2 times thus far, I actually find it a bit theraputic. Nothing like sitting back with some jammin' tunes, drinking a previous homebrew and well... bottling!

My least favorite aspect of homebrewing is cleaning the grain-bag to be honest =)

MrEcted1 said:
I don't understand why people hate bottling so much... even though i've only bottled 2 times thus far, I actually find it a bit theraputic. Nothing like sitting back with some jammin' tunes, drinking a previous homebrew and well... bottling!

The bottling itself is kind of fun. Its the cleaning/sanitizing of the bottles that gets me. Especially when you are using 12 ozs. ~50 bottles to clean gets old real quick. Ive started a kegerator setup fund and Im counting down the days.

JimmyBeam said:
The bottling itself is kind of fun. Its the cleaning/sanitizing of the bottles that gets me. Especially when you are using 12 ozs. ~50 bottles to clean gets old real quick. Ive started a kegerator setup fund and Im counting down the days.

Yeah, that can be a pain. Usually to help with that I try to immediately rinse out the bottles after use. Most of the time I am either lazy or forget so I usually get 50or so bottles and just soak them in PBW solution overnight, it's worked for me so far. But you're right, it's still a bit of a pain.

Yeah, bottling can be a b!tc4, but it's like eating crab: it's good because it takes so much work to get to the enjoyable part.

For me, the ultimate moment of zen is when I pull out a chilled bottle of my latest homebrew, open it up and hear the "Tchshhhh" and see the chilled vapor. Then I know it's all been done right. I pour it into the glass and see the head rise up, and it's just beauty.

I also love bringing bottles to my friends.

It just seems like bottle conditioning the beer is one more step towards more all-natural beer. And I get a kick out of knowing that once flat beer is now alive and full of bubbles because I mixed it right.

thats the part im looking forward to as well... i cant wait til its bottled and i pop one open pour it in a glass and KNOW i brewed it..

Mykel Obvious said:
And you REALLY have to be careful... one of our Club Members ended up with 14 stitches in his leg when he dropped a carboy full of sanitizer on his bathroom floor!!!!

That not a good story, whatsoever...but at least it wasn't full of craft beer!

Hey BeerLuvnGrl, Tell sailman to bring a Bottle when he comes to pick up his equip. Of course I will have some of that High Grav Scotch ale for you. You may have to wait another week or two before you drink it.

we dont have any bottled yet.. all is still in the carboy.. hopefully we may bottle this weekend..but looks like next weekend is when it will actually happen.. who knows we stay on the go.. but we are goin to memphis soon so gotta get it ready!

Back