Slightly sour, off after taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
I'm wondering what this might be from. I have noticed it in my last two batches, a pale ale that's bottle conditioned, and a brown ale that was kegged. It's just a slightly noticeable, kind of sour, something's-not-right taste. Could this be due to high fermentation temps? Or fluctuation in temps? Anything? Please help... thanks!

The Pale Ale has been in the bottle for four+ weeks now. And I actually only noticed it once. But it was the same off-ness I found in the kegged Brown, which has only been kegged for a week (brewed three weeks ago, so still young).

I am also researching a similar problem. I have a kegged cream ale that sort of have this but it fades more every day, so it could be something that will take care of itself. I also have a hefe that just finished ferementing and I noticed it again, but it is very young and that is most likely the problem. But both of them tested slightly low on the pH, but I am not sure what a "too low" pH is. you can watch my thread to see if anyone has any knowledge on the subject.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=74389

Back