Cape Cod vacation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chetduggan

Reaction score
Heading up to Cape Cod on vacation Aug 20-27. Besides Sam Adams and DFH, any other good breweries I should check out while I'm there? What about golf courses?

Do you mean for brewery tours or just local beer to sample? If you mean beer to drink, I'd skip SA since you can get it anywhere, and Dogfish isn't local anyway. There are lots of great smaller MA breweries: Pretty Things, Jack's Abby, Ipswich, etc.

The harpoon brewery is cool. I thought it was better than SAMs. It's also in a nicer area of Boston. I heard the cape cod chip factory is cool to in Hyannis but I haven't been. I might go in August I'm headed there the last week too.

Jack's Abby. Only brew lagers. They're all at least great, most are awesome. Not sure if they distribute in Cape but probably do, at least you'll pass through areas they do for sure. SA tour is fun, so is Harpoon tour. Harpoon has a cool new beer hall with a bunch of taps and spent grain pretzels.

Could always hit up Cape Cod Brewery. Went there when I was younger and before really getting into craft beer, so I can't vouch for the quality. However, I imagine it'd be fun regardless. Definitely a smaller brewery and not much of a tour, but there is a tasting room nonetheless.

Stop by Sixpoint or Brooklyn in NYC (both in Brooklyn, duh). Two Roads (Stratford, CT) is right off of Interstate 95 in Connecticut - they have an AWESOME pub.

If you get near Glouscter, Cape ann brewing is pretty good. Not been to the brewery, but had a good IIPA from The Tap brewing "Bitter Rivals"

Could always hit up Cape Cod Brewery. Went there when I was younger and before really getting into craft beer, so I can't vouch for the quality. However, I imagine it'd be fun regardless. Definitely a smaller brewery and not much of a tour, but there is a tasting room nonetheless.

They are average at best. Been there as recent as this summer, would not recommend wasting an afternoon there.

Golf:

If you're heading to the Cape from Boston hit up Granite Links just south of Boston if only for the 19th hole. Was rated in one of the golf magazine's top 19th hole in the world. I might not go that far but it's worth sitting out on the deck enjoying the view of Boston Harbor if you have the time.

Plymouth may be considered by some as the cape and has some great courses. Pinehills (36 very good holes), Crosswinds and Waverly Oaks.

"on the cape" I've played the following and are good:
Cape Cod National
Brookside
Eastward Ho!
Miacomet

Truro Highlands is fun if not just for the history. Not the greatest but one of the oldest courses in the state and great views.

They are average at best. Been there as recent as this summer, would not recommend wasting an afternoon there.

The beer is average and the brewery is small, but you get a few free samples and can go next door for free samples at the Cape Cod Potato Chip factory.

Back