Hydro reading drop massive

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshua1986

Reaction score
hey all i need some help im doin two brews right now and one had a reading of 52% for two days and on thr threed it droped to 5% why i need help.? is it coz i forgot to put the plug in the top back in?

If I am deciphering your post right, you forgot to put the airlock back on. If so, put the air lock on immediately! If there was still active fermentation going on while the air lock is off, the yeast is still producing CO2. CO2 is heavier then air, so hopefully there is a blanket of CO2 on the beer keeping it protected. If not, you could get some oxidation or other contamination from other yeasts/bacteria floating around. Good luck!

You are reading the wrong scale. The one you want is labeled from about 0.990 up to about 1.080. Healthy fermentation often occurs quickly. It is not uncommon for the activity to be nearly complete within 72 hours.

Your post is very hard to read. You'll likely find that you get better and more responses if you use some capital letters, punctuation, and spell check.

Back