Brewing Karma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbantam

Reaction score
If you guys accidentally get an extra in a order do you tell the seller or just keep it?

About a year ago I think a vendor accidentally sent me a 5lb CO2 tank with a kegerator kit.....and I kept it. I initially wanted to tell them about it but then just convinced myself they were hooking me up.

Now I just ordered some kegs and received them today and there was an extra keg in the box. I think for sure I'm going to contact the vendor this time. But just wanted to see how anyone else would play it.

I don't want to stiff someone who's selling something at a good price already.

Well I think the strictly moral answer is pretty clear. I can't say I always follow what's strictly moral, but I'd like to think I'd contact the seller.

It'd be tough to make the right call, but I think everyone knows what the right thing to do is.

Two different vendors. What are the odds of that? I'm going to email them in the next couple minutes I guess.

You're doing the right thing by letting them know. If you're worried about keeping the goodies...I think most vendors would let you keep it on principal. They need to train their employees better, or fix something else in their shop which is causing this problem. By letting them know, you're helping the companies out that you buy from. :mug:

I think its my fault. They normally only sell kegs by 1, 2, or 4. However, I wanted 3 so I emailed him about the price on 3.

I guess I might just buy the keg off him since I feel like its half my fault.

So if I buy the extra one I'll have a total of 6. I really thought I only needed 5 but maybe you can't have tooo many kegs?

I would call them and tell them what happened, and offer to return it if they pay for shipping. I'm not gonna pay for their mistake, but informing them of their mistake is the right thing to do here.

UPDATE. I emailed the vendor and he said it was just an extra non reconditioned keg. He said I just need to clean it and its good to go. Pretty sweet.

I guess he sent me an email telling me about it but I never saw it or accidentally deleted it. Regardless, what a great surprise.

Interestingly enough, this just happen to me. My girlfriend bought a dual tap stainless tower (perlicks too!)for Chirstmas and the vendor sent 2 complete towers!!!

I have been meaning to call for the last month, since it has been just sitting in my garage, and haven't found the time during the day until today. This thread was a great reminder.

Anyway, I thought they would be thankful and appreciative that I called and was wanting to send it back to them, but I barely got a thank you. Honestly I don't even remember her saying thanks. Little surprised at the lack of response. Oh well, I guess I should't expect everyone to act like I would.

Back