2009 Pyramid Snow Cap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2bluewagons

Reaction score
Picked up my first sixer of the year of Pyramid's winter warmer, Snow Cap. In years past this has been one of my favorite holiday seasonals, but found the first taste to be pretty bad. Very little carbonation, not much body and so solventy in aroma and initial flavor to be almost undrinkable.

I have been brewing for less than a year, so my beer palate has improved since I last had Snow Cap, but I don't think it's changed so much that a beer I loved last year I now find nasty?

I'm thinking that either I got a bad batch (how is that possible from a big brewery like Pyramid) or they changed the recipe and somehow think that fusels are a good thing.

Anybody else get a chance to try Snow Cap this year yet? Am I crazy or what?

Maybe it just needs to get past Thanksgiving --- I'd let it rest a bit and see.

Pyramid has been hit and miss with me in the past. I'll pick up some Snow Cap in a month or so and let you know.

I picked up a six pack of Jubelale last week and thought the same thing. Very alcoholic flavor. I had one last night and it was better. Not sure if it was the one bottle or if one week really made a difference.

Just picked some Snow Cap up... the new label design has to be the worst rebranding attempt in modern history...horrible! What were they thinking?!? But the beer tastes exactly the same as I remember it - delicious stuff.

Back