Clark's in Syracuse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
Do any of you guys in Syracuse have any idea what is going on with Clark's Alehouse. My friends in the city told me that they were supposed to open back up next to Al's in Armory Square and it did look like something was going on in the building. There is still no news though and I can't find anything online about them. I really miss the place.

I've only heard a couple rumors. I know they were supposed to open a new place downtown, but according to a couple sources they will only be serving their famous sandwiches. Maybe they're just waiting for their new liquor license.

One person told me that they were going to sell just gourmet popcorn. :drunk:

Edit: After some research it looks like the building that was going to be the new Clark's is now a gourmet popcorn shop, but they still might move the bar into the location and relocate the popcorn shop.

There is indeed a popcorn shop next to al's that opened up a couple months back it seems. It's been a long time since I've heard anything on Clarks and even when there was talk it seemed like it was all speculation....

I've only heard a couple rumors. I know they were supposed to open a new place downtown, but according to a couple sources they will only be serving their famous sandwiches. Maybe they're just waiting for their new liquor license.

One person told me that they were going to sell just gourmet popcorn. :drunk:

Edit: After some research it looks like the building that was going to be the new Clark's is now a gourmet popcorn shop, but they still might move the bar into the location and relocate the popcorn shop.

This is the only info I could find. I'm going to Al's and Middle Age's this weekend I'm going to ask them if they know anything.

I find out that Clarks is probably never opening again in Syracuse. I was told that the city gave the owner such a run around on the new building next to Al's that he said "if" he ever reopened it would not be in Syracuse. I was also told that the owner is not even in the area anymore. Sad....

Back