Amherst Brewing Co. - 1st Annual Brew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh might be a little off topic, but they have 5 pool tables and offer free pool Sun-Wed. :)

They want 6 bottles, uggh. I would have loved to enter, as this was the first brewpub I ever got to try when I turned 21.

Sucks you have to complete the form by the end of last month... why not when you drop your beer off?? I would have entered.

Holy crap that place has changed! I remember when it first opened!
:off:
I always preferred The Old Amherst Ale House, which I believe now is called The Moan & Dove.

I remember when Amherst began their smoking ban. My RD from Van Meter was also a bartender at the Old Amherst Ale house, he use to let us smoke in there but we had to hold our cigarettes under the table. I will never forget having my first La Fin Du Monde there.

j1laskey said:
Holy crap that place has changed! I remember when it first opened!
:off:
I always preferred The Old Amherst Ale House, which I believe now is called The Moan & Dove.

I remember when Amherst began their smoking ban. My RD from Van Meter was also a bartender at the Old Amherst Ale house, he use to let us smoke in there but we had to hold our cigarettes under the table. I will never forget having my first La Fin Du Monde there.

You must have been there when I was! Class of 2000.

Moan and Dove is awesome :) My brother turned me onto it a couple years ago.

The owners just opened up the High Horse up at the Old ABC location. Not bad, deffinately different than the old ABC. But they have beer and pool, I wouldn't go there for the food though. But then again, when have I ever gone somewhere for the food:mug:

You say you wanna play pool do ya??? Mike's Billards on Blechertown Rd is the only place to go.

I was there one night in 97? 98?....the ABCC walked in... locked all the doors and carded every single person. I was an older student at the time, 21? 22?

You say you wanna play pool do ya??? Mike's Billards on Blechertown Rd is the only place to go.

I was there one night in 97? 98?....the ABCC walked in... locked all the doors and carded every single person. I was an older student at the time, 21? 22?

So true, Mike's is the place.

Back