Basement Brew Pub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to ask where did u get the bar stools or were they made by the same local cabinet makers? I only ask because the backs are the same symbol as a group I belong too.
Thanks jeff

tuchuxvarg said:
I have to ask where did u get the bar stools or were they made by the same local cabinet makers? I only ask because the backs are the same symbol as a group I belong too.
Thanks jeff

Got them at Costco. Three different costcos actually cause I needed 18 of them.

tuchuxvarg said:
When? This year

About 4 years ago. The manufacturer/importer is Planet 3. It's called the "star collection". A cursory google search shows 24" stools for sale online but no 30" stools. You may be able to find the manufacturer's phone and ask them. I don't have it.

one of my friends and i were just talking about a bar in Columbia that has lik 50ish beer taps...ill get with him and get back to u...if that doesn't pan out Ramshead it is....last time i was there though i think i saw jimmies chicken shack when they were still local

Wow . How much did this build cost !
30,000? It looks bad as hell man you must have put in a lot of time and effort and it shows. I bet your gonna throw one hell of a party when your done. You just crushed my dreams if a sweet build, I think in gonna Jump off a bridge now. LOL!

Your in MD? I'm down in Indian Head, I will rent my house and stay at ur place, k? Great build, looks better than most bars I've seen!

Bought a 60" stainless steel equipment stand at a restaurant auction which should be perfect size. Mounted the control panel with this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TZUOC8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 TV mount.

brewery1.jpg

brewery2.jpg

brewery3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez wtf do you do for a living!? That's a pretty sweet deal you got going that's when you know you love doing what you do

I know I have posted many times on your thread, but again, nice work!!!! I think I have the exact same 60" ss prep table. I purchase mine from a local deli that went under, so I got that table and another, less sturdy ss table for around $200 for both. Does your's have the built in trusses under the table top? Very heavy duty and should work like a champ! Can't wait to see your brewing room come together. If it's anything like your bar, it will be fantastic. I'm about at the same phase in my brew room build....minus the control panel, which will be my next major purchase now that my bar and basement are finally done!!!! Hey Kal, I'll hopefully be back in contact with you soon to get rolling on it. Keep up the great work OP....:mug:

I know I have posted many times on your thread, but again, nice work!!!! I think I have the exact same 60" ss prep table. I purchase mine from a local deli that went under, so I got that table and another, less sturdy ss table for around $200 for both. Does your's have the built in trusses under the table top? Very heavy duty and should work like a champ! Can't wait to see your brewing room come together. If it's anything like your bar, it will be fantastic. I'm about at the same phase in my brew room build....minus the control panel, which will be my next major purchase now that my bar and basement are finally done!!!! Hey Kal, I'll hopefully be back in contact with you soon to get rolling on it. Keep up the great work OP....:mug:

Yeah the table's extremely well built. I'm hoping for the kettles to arrive next month!

Blichmann's I presume? I have already spent a fortune on my basement, my bar, my keezer, my fermentation chambers, and all of the other miscellaneous brewing equipment, so I'm converting and polishing up three 15 1/2 gallon sankes for now. My wife already knows that one of Kal's control panels is on the horizon, but if I spend much more on brewing stuff, she is going to kill me. :eek: I don't see $1000 worth of Blichmann's in my near future, but who knows what the future holds. Who would have though that when I started brewing a couple of years ago that I would be in it this deep. Oh well, I work hard and don't spend much time going to bars, so in my mind it is justified. :mug:

20 gallon BK/HLT/MT + 14.5 gallon conical from Stout tank & kettles. I built the control panel myself already so I figured I'd get the vessels plug and play!

20 gallon BK/HLT/MT + 14.5 gallon conical from Stout tank & kettles. I built the control panel myself already so I figured I'd get the vessels plug and play!

Nice! My co-brewer and I have been looking at these a lot while and are thinking of getting a 30G MT from Stout's line up to replace our 20G Blichmann MT. If it weren't for the lead time we would have jumped on it first, but couldn't deal with no brewing for several months. When you do get them in please let us know what you think of them.

Looking very nice!

You will have to post your results with the stout false bottom. Very interested to hear how it works, if the quality is good, etc. I really love the blichman false bottom design (but don't care for the blichmann co). Would love to support stout's co by getting a 30G MT if it works well.

Looking very nice!

You will have to post your results with the stout false bottom. Very interested to hear how it works, if the quality is good, etc. I really love the blichman false bottom design (but don't care for the blichmann co). Would love to support stout's co by getting a 30G MT if it works well.

Stout recently changed thier Mash Tun design with the outlet attached to the bottom of the kettle and the FB is completely different. These were ordered in November before the change.

Stout recently changed thier Mash Tun design with the outlet attached to the bottom of the kettle and the FB is completely different. These were ordered in November before the change.

Drat... looks like my patience will have to hold for now :D Thanks for the heads up

CousinsCraft said:
I was wondering how you fit a ripple element through a 1.5 tri clamp fitting? I have read that they won't fit.

They fit as long as the port isn't too deep. And some elements are easier to fish through than others.

Back