Mainly for the texans...but what the hell...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjasghar

Reaction score
So this is mainly for the texans, but i'll go ahead and ask everyone.

There is this place called "The Salt Lick," it has what ture texans call BBQ. The problem is that it's BYOB so i thought about it and figured hey why not take a 5 gallon set of home brew to match with the BBQ.

my question is, what style with real Texas BBQ should i start...i'm thinking an ale..

suggestions?

The Salt Lick is a good BBQ joint, but it's nothing all fantastic IMHO. A long drive to a dry county. Rudy's on 360 is great BBQ and they sell loads of ice down bottled beer.

Here's something that goes great with Q and it's portable as well.

Beer2Go-1.jpg

It's sure to be a conversation starter.. :D

yeah i totally agree about rudy's, but my buddy loves salt lick. it's his bday in about 2 monthes and we wanted to take him to some where special. any suggestions on recipes?

Rudys is pretty good but I deffinatly like the Salt Lick a lot better....

Just make sure not to go to the one in Westlake....

My guess would be anything thats really easy drinkin...something you'd forget how many you had!

Salt Lick is pretty good. Sucks dealing with everything though in order to eat.

When living in Corpus I fell in love with a BBQ joint called Miller's not Bill Miller's just Miller's, good stuff.

TxBrew said:
When living in Corpus I fell in love with a BBQ joint called Miller's not Bill Miller's just Miller's, good stuff.

Must have gone out of biz (like everything else here) bc I've never heard of it. I'll look it up though!

I really like the Salt Lick sauce...good stuff....the atmosphere is pretty cool too

I like rudy's. If you are ever in or around Midland Texas their is the best bbq I have ever had. Its called KD's. Its a mom and pop place, they server until they run out of food.

you know the funny thing is...

i can drive to it any day...but i couldnt tell you if my life depended on it :p

Ryanh1801 said:
I like rudy's. If you are ever in or around Midland Texas their is the best bbq I have ever had. Its called KD's. Its a mom and pop place, they server until they run out of food.

Reminds me of a joint out West of Austin in Llano called Cooper's.

Jeez , Texans talking about paying to eat someone else's BBQ!? Much has changed in the 7 yrs I've been in the Navy! Just kidding, but you'd be amazed at how many people don't know what a brisket is outside of Texas.

TxBrew said:
Reminds me of a joint out West of Austin in Llano called Cooper's.

Went to Coopers's a few years ago when I was out there riding the Hill Country, good food.... Man I want to go back, what great country to ride a motorcycle around.

Hey I was wrong TX....Millers is still around, apparently there are 3 of them

I'll have to check it out

When I was a kid growing up in South Houston, we used to go to a place called "Bob Holcombs" Can any of you Texas guys tell me if it still exists?

Back