Most annoying commercial?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most annoying commercial?

• Chevy with Melloncamp song

• Budweiser with Jay Z

• Any Peyton Manning commercial

• Any political commercial

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
OK, I'm absolutely SICK of the Chevy commercial with the John Cougar Melonstand song. Which commercial are you most sick of?

head-on, apply directly to the forehead.

The public service announcement where a bunch of fat hairy men shave the letters C-I-G-A-R-E-T-T-E-S into their back hair. I've seen it once and I'm sick of it already.

It's so nice not having a clue what you guys are complaining about! I can't get anything over the air, no cable (too far from the road) & I'm already paying enough for my satellite DSL, so I don't see much TV.

The last commercial I saw too much of had some duck yelling ANTHRAX! at people.

david_42 said:
It's so nice not having a clue what you guys are complaining about! I can't get anything over the air, no cable (too far from the road) & I'm already paying enough for my satellite DSL, so I don't see much TV.

AFLACK!!:D

ablrbrau said:
Any political commercial AT ALL........

No $h!t
Even for a political hound like myself I cant wait for Wednesday so they finnally freeking stop. Only problem is then they start to rev up for the Presidential election.

I actually like the Peyton Manning commercials, DE-CAF da da DE-CAF.

I really cannot tolerate the Geico commercials though, it's hard to believe they have the best insurance rates with all the money they spend on ads.

I hate the new anti-smoking commercials that feature the ultra-hipster guy with the huge hipster black-rimmed glasses and the hipster afro, and hipster salv army clothes. The one where he goes into the Doc office and asks the doctor stupid questions.

All those commercials make me want a smoke so bad, but I quit over a year ago.

I also hate the Cadillac commercial with Led Zeps 'rock and roll'.

Torben Ulrich said:
I hate the new anti-smoking commercials that feature the ultra-hipster guy with the huge hipster black-rimmed glasses and the hipster afro, and hipster salv army clothes. The one where he goes into the Doc office and asks the doctor stupid questions.

All those commercials make me want a smoke so bad, but I quit over a year ago.

I also hate the Cadillac commercial with Led Zeps 'rock and roll'.
I'm with you - I don't even smoke, but anti-smoking commercials make me want to start just out of spite. Don't watch the Caddy commercials, just listen to the Zeppelin - it's good music.

Flyin' Lion said:
I actually like the Peyton Manning commercials, DE-CAF da da DE-CAF.

Two years ago, after Peyton threw another choke-a-rific interception, Foxboro erupted in a chant of "CUT THAT MEAT! CUT THAT MEAT!"

Best. Chant. Ever.

If it was multi-choice I'd pick the Mellencamp & political. But at least the political one's we have 48h left of. The Mellencamp one we probably have thru the end of football season. I do believe 1-4 NFL commericals is his :mad:.

The Mellencamp song/commercial is awful. So was waiting 5 minutes for him to finally walk out and sing that stupid song at the World Series. The new Dodge Nitro commercial is pretty bad too.

todd_k said:
The Mellencamp song/commercial is awful. So was waiting 5 minutes for him to finally walk out and sing that stupid song at the World Series. The new Dodge Nitro commercial is pretty bad too.

I saw that. It made me think "Great, an extremely heavy gas guzzler with an unecessary amount of power." Seriously people, who's hauling THAT MUCH that they need a truck that powerful? No wonder why gas is $2.25 p/g.

I really like the Manning commercials. I put them up there because I couldn't think of anything else.

As for political commercials, our Gubanatorial race is UGLY. Our current governer isn't anything great, but his opponent worked for our last governer (who's currently sentenced to pretty much life in prison for corruption).

I almost never watch TV, but I agree the political ads are worse even than local automobile dealer ads.

I also don't like the new Domino's Brooklyn style pizza commercials with the cabbie and the annoying "fold it like a man" lady in the back seat.

I'm not sure if this is regional...but the WIC commercials with the little girl singing the "itsy bitsy spider" song? "I fergit...."

I hate the political attack ads. Pointing out the bad stuff your opponent did reflects back on you too, you know! Plus it's so... elementary school.

I like the new Geico commercials. I've started telling people that balk at troubleshooting (I work at a helpdesk) "C'mon, this is so easy, a caveman could do it!"

Lou said:

So I'm a little late into this thread, but I'm guessing you watch a good amount of The Weather Channel?

Cheesefood said:
...but his opponent worked for our last governer (who's currently sentenced to pretty much life in prison for corruption).

That's not really true - Topinka was an elected official, she wasn't hired by the Gov.

puravida286 said:
I'm not sure if this is regional...but the WIC commercials with the little girl singing the "itsy bitsy spider" song? "I fergit...."

It's nice to see someone else likes to laugh at that stupid kid. I fergit.... Just give her some Sunny D and she'll perk right up!

eviltwinofjoni said:
I hate the political attack ads. Pointing out the bad stuff your opponent did reflects back on you too, you know! Plus it's so... elementary school.

I like the new Geico commercials. I've started telling people that balk at troubleshooting (I work at a helpdesk) "C'mon, this is so easy, a caveman could do it!"

That GEICO caveman looks like Val Kilmer. Every time I see one or the other I start laughing.

david_42 said:

Someone tell david_42 that it's "Like a Rock" and not "Like Iraq".

Not looking forward to the Hate for this commercial (that's no longer running?) to be supplanted by Mellencamp.

Free Credit Report Dot Com anyone.
Guy tapes the ballgame and then taps his wife.
KY warming sensation.
Creepy rotoscope Ask Chuck Swaab commercials?

Cheesefood said:
OK, I'm absolutely SICK of the Chevy commercial with the John Cougar Melonstand song. Which commercial are you most sick of?

Have you noticed there's a white-bread-down-on-the-farm-no-black-people version and then there's a MLK version?

I see more Hispanic's in Chevy Trucks here. I'm sure this version will appear after the elections.

There's another commercial that irks me. I can't remember who it's for, but it's an elephant vacuuming who (at the end) mentions that she's married to a centipede.

Really? An elephant and a centepede? How dumb is that?

Now I really like the Man-Law commericals.

Burt "How about B and Lock. B-Lock"
JJ: "Du-umb"

And AMEN for the No Fruit In Beer Man-Law.

Cheesefood said:
There's another commercial that irks me. I can't remember who it's for, but it's an elephant vacuuming who (at the end) mentions that she's married to a centipede.

Really? An elephant and a centepede? How dumb is that?

"Du-umb." The first time I saw that I wasn't even sure that's what JJ really said. The 2nd time I saw it, I laughed my ass off. The Man-Law commercials are really good. I liked their referee commercials from last year too.
I also agree on the elephant/centipede commerical.

Cheesefood said:

I bust a gut first time I saw that commercial... that's a good one.

As for the Chevy commercials, they already drove SWMBO nuts during the World Series, and FWIW they ran the Hispanic version as well, so it's out there...

I work with radio commercials all day long so the majority of them are a tune-out for me...

And for the record, it's "That's Allstate's Stand" NOT "That's Allstate STAN"... I wondered for a week who the $%&* STAN was.... :drunk: :D

Ize

Man-law commericals are definately cool. Actually, I think Miller's done a pretty outstanding job on their advertising these past few years, much better than Bud. Doesn't make their beer any better, but at least they give me a chuckle.

I like the Bud radio commercials real men of genius series (most of them anyways). Mr Fantasy Football Manager Guy hits a bit close to home and makes me feel like a dork :D.

Oh and can we get some more godaddy.com commericals perhaps? Hmm???

the_bird said:
Man-law commericals are definately cool. Actually, I think Miller's done a pretty outstanding job on their advertising these past few years, much better than Bud. Doesn't make their beer any better, but at least they give me a chuckle.

For those bored, here's what the feminist movement thinks about these Man Law commercials. Man, they are an angry bunch :D. But they do seem to know their beer.

http://pandagon.net/2006/05/15/man-law/

How I found this about 6 months ago, I have no idea. Think they paid off Google to be top pick.

Anyone have local attorney commercials with the bad buy from Superman 3? I think William Shatner just took his place. Any local attorney or car dealer commercial is just awful....

Back