Austin Homebrew Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahunaman

Reaction score
I am quickly becoming a poster boy..

I currently have:

AHS Session Series Belgian Saison - Brewing insanely! The yeast is divebombing like lemmings!

And shipping to me right now...
AHS Dutch Pilsner Lager (My first Lager... and I LOVE a Heineken!!!)
AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout (tired of hearing all of you praise it.. I need to get a bit myself)

This will be a fun month!

I am quickly becoming a poster boy..

I currently have:

AHS Session Series Belgian Saison - Brewing insanely! The yeast is divebombing like lemmings!

And shipping to me right now...
AHS Dutch Pilsner Lager (My first Lager... and I LOVE a Heineken!!!)
AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout (tired of hearing all of you praise it.. I need to get a bit myself)

This will be a fun month!

A Dutch born coworker told me that Heineken in Europe is like Bud in US. Nobody drinks it and its considered to be one of the worst beers.

A Dutch born coworker told me that Heineken in Europe is like Bud in US. Nobody drinks it and its considered to be one of the worst beers.

What.....nobody drinks Bud in the US???? are you crazy its the best selling beer in the country and in my region (hillbilly heaven) they cant meet the demand and have to have it shipped in.

What.....nobody drinks Bud in the US???? are you crazy its the best selling beer in the country and in my region (hillbilly heaven) they cant meet the demand and have to have it shipped in.

I said that about Heineken and Europe.

PS. I feel bad about your region, people have no taste ;)

Yeeeesss, yes itt will. :rockin:

The chocolate stout recipe of theirs is absolutely DA BOMB. One of the guys in the club put their chocolate raspberry stout on a nitro tap... I had to change my underwear. :D

Also try his American Nut Brown and add 1.5 lb of honey to it. It is my favorite beer that I have made since I started brewing.

i just ordered their Imperial Winter Ale.. anyone try that yet?? i was looking at the chocolate stout but chose the ale.. hmm maybe i chose wrong?

I wish AHS had a rating system instead of a comment section - but then again it might lead to poorer sales on some brews.

I wish AHS had a rating system instead of a comment section - but then again it might lead to poorer sales on some brews.

I believe that system is based on sales. #1 being the most sold kit. I thought I read that there today

Saccharomyces said:
Nope. I'll have to e-mail JB who works over there and ask him to bring a bottle of it to the holiday party. I'll bet he has brewed up a batch or two..

Well if you do, let me know. It should be arriving this weekend and my primary opens up next week :D

i wish they let you see the instructions online for the kits so i knew what to expect or what equipment exactly (for the newb). Maybe after you order it make the link available or something.

You get the recipes when you buy the kits. Forrest, the owner, does a lot of work to develop his recipes so it's only fair that you buy the ingredients from him too.

yea i figured as much about it being only fair but if the online system made it so it knows you ordered it then it gives you access to it - especially if you lost it like i bet bobsstory182 did...

yea i figured as much about it being only fair but if the online system made it so it knows you ordered it then it gives you access to it - especially if you lost it like i bet bobsstory182 did...

That's a great idea. I'm pretty sure though that if you call them/email them and tell them you lost the instructions, they'll send you new ones. They take pride in customer service, and I'm a big fan.

That's a great idea. I'm pretty sure though that if you call them/email them and tell them you lost the instructions, they'll send you new ones. They take pride in customer service, and I'm a big fan.

That they do, this happened to me and all it took was a quick call and they emailed me the recipe info on a kit I had. The service at AHS is just awesome, and they have the best kit selection I've seen. Takes a lot of the work out of making a variety of tasty brews.

i just ordered it today and this is my first time kegging instead of bottling so i wanted to see if it said anything about it. i also didnt order the yeast bc there is a brew store in town so i would rather just go pick it up. do they have a milk stout aswell? i was looking on the site but i couldnt find any but i saw that someone on here was making one.

im in the process of making a 4 keg refrigerator set up. im so excited i can barely wait. ill upload some pictures this upcoming week when i have it all set up.

AHS kits are great, in fact one of Forrest's kits is my all time favorite beer that I made. The Chocolate Raspberry Stout is awesome!

Also someone mentioned about wanting to know what goes into one of recipe kits before you order. I have emailed him in the past and he was more than happy to let me know.

AHS and Forrest is just an all around great place to do business!

i just ordered it today and this is my first time kegging instead of bottling so i wanted to see if it said anything about it. i also didnt order the yeast bc there is a brew store in town so i would rather just go pick it up. do they have a milk stout aswell? i was looking on the site but i couldnt find any but i saw that someone on here was making one.

im in the process of making a 4 keg refrigerator set up. im so excited i can barely wait. ill upload some pictures this upcoming week when i have it all set up.

Milk Stout is more commonly known as a sweet stout. We have a sweet stout that has a pound of lactose in it. I hope you are not intolerant.

Forrest

Latest posts

Back