Red Oak Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb9vzh

Reaction score
About three week ago I was on the road with a new co worker, taking him to a few locations in his area of responsibility. During the 5 hour trip from Ashland, VA to Monroe, NC, we passed a small brewery called Red Oak. This is one that I have never heard of before, so we did a locate on the GPS and took the next exit. We found the building and the door said "Brewery Tours are every Tuesday at 3:00 pm" well this was Wednesday. I went to to the door in hopes for at least a gift shop, well it was locked. I turned around and as I head to the car, the door open and out pops a very nice gentleman with a beer in his hand. I told him I was from out of the area and was a home brewer in my spare time. He instantly asked us to come in and enjoy a few samples.

I have to say this is the first time I have been invited into a brewery, at the commercial level, that I have been given a personal tour and tasting. The brew was great, and the best part is that they use no preservatives. They currently only distribute to their local area, but are soon to be bottling and sending it out further. I wish I could remember the name of the brewer that allowed us to experience their brewery on an off day. Anyway, here is their site. If you are in the area, you have got to try one of their brews. Or stop by the brewery on a Tuesday around 3pm and get a tour. http://www.redoakbrewery.com/

I drive by there several times a week and I've always wanted to see inside. I've never tried their beer. It seems they only serve it in local restaurants and we don't eat out that much. But, I've spoke to several friends who love the stuff. I wish they would bottle some for local dist.

I was driving past that place while it was under construction for years while visiting my girlfriend at school. It was cool to watch it being built. Off 85 right?

Back