Anybody in brighton MI ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abarker8541

Reaction score
Im traveling to brighton soon, and wondering if there are any good watering holes, breweries, or home brewers!!

I know this is an old thread, but I am moving to Brighton next month and am looking for homebrewers or an established club if such a beast exists in the area.

I'm up in the Fenton area, maybe 20 mins north. There's a new brew cub that is just getting its roots grounded if you're interested. Where did you move from?

I am part of a well established homebrew club that meets in Commerce TWP at CJ's Brewing company. It is 25 minutes or less from Brighton depending on where you are in Brighton. I am also a member of another club that meets out of Plymouth a little further south. Plymouth is approx 30 min from Brighton via the expressway. Let me know if you are interested in info for either club.

I am part of a well established homebrew club that meets in Commerce TWP at CJ's Brewing company. It is 25 minutes or less from Brighton depending on where you are in Brighton. I am also a member of another club that meets out of Plymouth a little further south. Plymouth is approx 30 min from Brighton via the expressway. Let me know if you are interested in info for either club.

Lived in w Bloomfield for yrs. CJ's was my watering hole. Kerry still the owner there?

I am not sure who the owner is to be honest. I have only dealt with management and J.T their brewer. All have been great.

I think the Commerce location would be closest for me. We will be moving from Jackson, MI. How often and when do you meet in Commerce? Thanks!

We have meetings monthly. We meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month in the back room attached to the rear dining area. The meeting runs from 7Pm-9Pm. Sometimes we hang out a bit longer. You are welcome to bring homebrew to share and plan on sampling others. We are a very laid back group and have brewers that have been brewing for as long as 25 years all the way down to just brewed their first batch a couple months ago. There are no dues for the club. We do ask that members purchase a pint and or food from the establishment.

We also try to do a few club brew days outside of the 2 big brew days in may and November. Our next brew day will be on April 20th.

Cj's commerce location is @
8115 Richardson Road
Commerce Township, MI 48382

We have meetings monthly. We meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month in the back room attached to the rear dining area. The meeting runs from 7Pm-9Pm. Sometimes we hang out a bit longer. You are welcome to bring homebrew to share and plan on sampling others.

Cj's commerce location is @
8115 Richardson Road
Commerce Township, MI 48382

Do you guys have a webpage for your club up anywhere?

We have a facebook page and a forum. Both of which are hardly used. Most of our communication is via email. If you would like to be added to our email list pm me your name and email addy.

To find us via Facebook search for: Malty Dogs Homebrew Club

Our next meeting is on Tuesday September 10th at 7Pm @ CJ's Brewing Company in Commerce Twp http://cjsbrewery.com/directions/

I'd heard a rumor about a group meeting in Brighton and I know the Howell beer supply store hosts meetings. Anyone been to either of them or be able to provide some support to find out more about them?

I'm a (new) member of the Ann Arbor Brewers Guild, but I'm always looking for good sources of face to face learning. :) (Oh, and I'm from Brighton...)

The closest clubs to Brighton that I am aware of are the Ann Arbor Brewers guild as you have found, the Malty Dogs out of Commerce TWP, and the Sons Of Liberty out of Plymouth. I can give info for the Malty Dogs or Sons of Liberty if you need it.

I have been in Brighton for almost a year now, and have decided to start a Brighton based Homebrewers Club. Please send me a message if you would like to join me in this endeavor!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back