Northern Brewer customer service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
The UPS guy showed up today with a box for me and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what he was doing there. I signed for it and then saw that it was from Northern Brewer.

Wow. I made a small order the other day with them-- a couple lbs. of grain, thermometer, and such-- I certainly wasn't expecting it to come this soon. It was very well packed, everything I ordered was there, and they also enclosed a very nice catalog.

I frankly was impressed and will order from them in the future.

I'm sure it helps that you don't live very far away from them, but I've also been impressed with their speed of delivery and just the company as a whole. Prices seem pretty fair across the board. I usually start my shopping at NB (for stuff I can't buy locally, which I still prefer), and only go to someone else if it's really compelling (like William's O2 system).

I can't say anything bad at all about them. When I ordered my kit and asked about carboy shipping I got an e-mail back recommending the better bottles because it would be cheaper. I told them I already had a capper and they deducted the full price of the capper from the kit.

I use them a lot too. They have comparable prices. I even went up to the store one time when I was in Minnesota. It is a really small place!!!

My favorite online HBS is Austin Homebrew. $5.99 shipping no matter what, and they have great prices. I usually get my shipment in 2 days.

I try to use my LHBS when I can but I might just have to give Northern Brewer and Austin Home Brew a try. They aren't that far from me here in CO.

Same good feelings here. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them in the past month -since I've kicked off with brewing again - and always quick shipping.

Last order one item got left out, a plastic thief,... I called and spoke with someone there and with no hassle whatsoever they shipped it out to me. Had it in a few days. :)

I live 5 hours south of them, if I order before noon, I'll have it the next day, thats next day delivery at UPS ground shipping rates. I have a somewhat local brew shop and I've started buying my bulk grains from him but its an hours drive one way. I get Marris Otter cheaper but pay more for the American 2-row pale so that's a wash, but I do save $36 on shipping. I'd buy a lot more from LHBS if I lived closer.

Back