Maudite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noisy123

Reaction score
Hi,
Its been a while since I posted. I love Maudite. It is one of my favorite beers. I was hoping folks on here can suggest beers that might be like it or even better. I not sure if it classifies as a Strong Belgian Dark or a Dubbel. Thanks very much for any help.

Cheers!

La Fin and Trois Pistoles are great!!! If you like Maudite, try Corsendonk, Ommegang's Abbey Ale, or any Trappist Dubbel. St. Bernardus 6 is pretty amazing too. Maudite is great. I pulled one out of my "cellar" for Thanks giving. We had 1in thick bone-in-ribeyes on the grill, with grilled assparagus, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Paired with the Maudite, it was Amazing!!!!!

I had one a Maudite with grilled flank. Its amazing how good complex beers taste with grilled meat. I would have preferred it over just about any wine.

I have tried Tres, and La Fin. I enjoy them both, but I just love Maudite. I am planning to make a clone of it soon.

I have heard rumors that Maudite is a clone of one of the Chimays. However, Chimay's being $11.00 for a 750ml I was not sure which one to try. Is there one that tastes similar to Maudite?

Back