Destin, FL beer spots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevokie

Reaction score
Hey all, my wife and I will be vacationing in Destin, FL this April. I am looking for places to drink some craft beer. Anyone know any good places?

I found McGuire's Irish Pub on Google. Not sure if there's anything else in Destin. Definitely look for any beers from Cigar City while you're in Florida. Any good beer & wine store should have some.

Other than McGuires Pub, I believe the only other locally brewed beer will be at Props in Ft. Walton Beach. They are new and recently opened, and I don't think they've even brewed yet. Still waiting on some equipment I hear.

The Mellow Mushroom on hwy 98 has some good beers. Also there is a liquer store that has a ton of craft beers that is just a little east of Destin in Sandestin. It is in the same shopping complex as the Publix grocery store at San Destin. I lived there for 7 years and other then McGuires and the Mellow Mushroom there is not much. There are some fancy Resturants that may have a few good brews on tap. Have fun and when you guys are there head a little east to county hwy 30A. It is in Santa Rosa Beach and is a little more chill then Destin. There is a good bar Called the Red bar in Grayton Beach. But for sure take some time and head down 30A and check it out you will like it.

Oh ya McGuire's is the brew pub to go to. It is just over the bridge heading from Ft. Walton to Destin, basically the start of the strip. Look for my name Charles Murphy on the bar it will be left of center on the corner. When you are customer of the month they put your name on a plaque and nail it to the Bar. Freaking great!!!! Check out the One 20 Modern Bistro. The chef/owner is a friend and we worked together for three years.Great food. If you want sushi Harbor Docks is on the strip. AJ's Seafood is a cool place at night open bar area and music. Oh was a chef and lived in Destin for a year. Have fun and if there is a bartender named Walter at McGuire's tell him I said hello.

I believe the Wine/beer ship is called Chan's Wine and Liquor which is across the street from the big outdoor mall, and near the cigar shop.

If you like steamer seafood, check out Old Bay Steamer.

Thanks for the info, good stuff, we will definitely check out these places.

dockside ale house on the harbor in destin! 26 craft brews on tap... with specials daily. they're really good at mixing them too. can't go wrong here... cheers!

Back