love ts3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpdb185

Reaction score
anybody else got one? i talked with a tech at dwyer yesterday and ended up getting one to run my keezer i'm about to build. the bonus is that it looks super sweet and it was only $50. i was curious if anyone else had one and could say how they wired it up. if not, i guess i'll post some pics of it. with this baby being only $50, i imagine it'll be pretty popular.

here's a pic of it:
TS3_pic.jpg

anybody else got one? i talked with a tech at dwyer yesterday and ended up getting one to run my keezer i'm about to build. the bonus is that it looks super sweet and it was only $50. i was curious if anyone else had one and could say how they wired it up. if not, i guess i'll post some pics of it. with this baby being only $50, i imagine it'll be pretty popular.

here's a pic of it:
TS3_pic.jpg

This would do it:

Love_TS3_wiring.jpg

sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the wiring help. the probe i got with it has two wires and the diagram on my controller has a third input on the probe side. the extra one shows to be a switch. which wire would go there, or would it matter?

sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the wiring help. the probe i got with it has two wires and the diagram on my controller has a third input on the probe side. the extra one shows to be a switch. which wire would go there, or would it matter?

Can you post a pic of it?

It's possible that the controller can use multiple types of probes, and some probes have three wires.

I just got this controller for my keezer. Not sure about the wiring for the probe, like OP said it has this switch in the probe diagram. Any ideas?

love%20controller.jpg

I just got this controller for my keezer. Not sure about the wiring for the probe, like OP said it has this switch in the probe diagram. Any ideas?

love%20controller.jpg

The TSX3 has a switch not the TS3

From the manual
The digital input can be used to remotely trigger a defrost cycle, monitor cooler door status, or act as an external alarm.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Does there need to be a jumper from #7 to #9 or is it internal ? Getting ready to wire my LOVE TS 3 and test ...

there are internal connections.

pins 7 and 9 form a "normally closed" switch, which means that (normally) the voltage applied to pin 9 is available on pin 7.

When the controller triggers the relay, then the connection between pins 9 and 7 are broken, and a new connection between pins 9 and 8 is formed.

So...

trigger point not reached = pin 7 is "live" and connected to pin 9 (internally). pin 8 is not connected to anything.

trigger point reached = pin 8 is "live" and connected to pin 9 (internally). pin 7 is not connected to anything.

Does there need to be a jumper from #7 to #9 or is it internal ? Getting ready to wire my LOVE TS 3 and test ...

You will need a jumper (hot) from #6 to #9 in order to power the relay. There is no internal connection.

The relay is the double throw type. Typically for cooling applications you will want to connect your fridge/freezer to the #8 terminal (normally open). This will cause the relay to close and supply power on with a rise in temperature. You would use terminal #7 for a heating application where you would want the relay to open with a rise temperature.

How do you like the TS3, lpdb? I'm between the TS3 and the TS2, I know there is only a 5 dollar difference but I'm unsure if the added features will hinder more than help.

Back