Red Tide Amber Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillandCo

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
WLP 001
Yeast Starter
none
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
10 at 68
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 at 68
Tasting Notes
Well Balanced Amber Ale
8.00lb pale Malt (2Row) US
2.00lb Carmel/Crystal Malt-40L
1.50lb Munich Malt-10L
0.25 Biscuit Malt
0.25 Honey Malt

Mash in at 154% and sparge as normal

60min .75oz Centennial
15min .75oz Cascade
15min 1/2-1tsp Irish Moss

Dry Hop with remaining Hops If You Want!

Brewing This Up Soon...I'll Keep you posted how it Turns Out

Let me know what your think

Brewing this again sometime this week with a slight variation...Originally I used what you see with WLP007 and it turned out well...This time around i will be Using 1.00 of crystal 40 and a half pound of crystal 80, .5 pounds of caramunich and .5 pounds of munich...Leaving out the honey this time around!

Originally used white labs WLP 007 but my LHBS was out so im using Safale 05 wich will work just as good!

This is sitting in the keg right now, i poor off a pint or two every night...I dry hopped it with Columbus, so it has a hoppy aroma. My first time around seemed more malty and balanced while this one turned out more hoppy on the verge of a pale ale, its still good but its shy of the malty character I was shooting for...Next time I will stick with all crystal 40 and 2 pounds of munich leaving out the caramunich...

No comments and I haven't updated this in a minute. I have been through a few kegs of this and will be brewing up another 10 gallons tomorrow. Heres a pic of the girl friends favorite beer so far.

5ec5613c.jpg

American, but they will all work. Give or take a couple decimals of RSM and Residual Sweetness. I haven't found anything but american at my LHBS.

We made about 10 variations of this thing so far...It's simple, but taste damn fine in my opinion.

I'll post the final once this batch hits FG

Latest posts

Back