Good beer for warm fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddylars

Reaction score
Hi,
We are having a very warm spell lately and I have not quite finished my temp controlled fermentation room yet. I've been holding off on brewing for a while. I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a type of beer that could take advantage of these warmer temperatures. I have already tried a saison... Thanks a lot!
-Lars

Belgian Ales do well in warmer temperatures, or anything you want to have banana flavors or a good amount of yeast characteristics in usually. You could also make a water bath and swap out a few frozen water bottles a few times a day to control temp. Good luck on the room.

Almost any Belgian or Hefeweizen. The esters produced by a hot ferment are within style for those beers. Maybe do a Trappist or Abbey ale?

I am buying ingredients for 4 saison kits (3 of one kind and 1 different) and another Belgian :0 Summer is in full effect in NYC

Same here, I was searching earlier today for good beers to brew when the inside of your house is in the 70-85 range. Definitely going to go with a Saison duPont Clone I found in a book and I'll be looking into some Hefeweizen's and Belgian ales as well from what I've found today.

Back