Did I kill my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pivey730

Reaction score
I just started my first home brew and might have screwed it up. I used a brew kit that had times for "cooking" and everything went really well. We put the final product into a plastic bucket and stored it in in the pantry. The next morning I checked it and decided i needed to move it for fear of divorce due to the smell. I went to check it the next day and there wasn't a smell or bubbles coming from the bucket. So...I opened the lid and peaked in. Did I kill my beer?

what kinda beer might not need 2-3 in the bucket.

like other said no peeking and should still be beer in the end.

You didn't cook the yeast with everything else did you?

Yep, I'm afraid it's dead. You'll need to let it sit for 3 more weeks, then prime & bottle it and send it to me for proper disposal. Don't worry, I'll get it taken care of real good! PM me for the address. ;)

I haven't look at any of the thread except for the subject, but unless you did something absolutely crazy like defecate in your primary, the answer is "No, you did not kill your beer."

I haven't look at any of the thread except for the subject, but unless you did something absolutely crazy like defecate in your primary, the answer is "No, you did not kill your beer."

Oh S*&t this has me rolling! That's pretty funny.

What is the temp where you moved the beer or better yet what is the temp of the beer. It's not likely that you killed it but if you moved the beer to a place that is too cold you may have caused the fermentation to slow down a bit.

Latest posts

Back