Fermentation Video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
Brewed Death Brewers Vienna Smash (well I assume it was his, I got the recipe from him)

LHBS didnt have nottingham yeast, and they suggested London Ale. Nothing happened for two days, then I had a blow over. Caught it right away, and set up a tube.

I havent seen anything like this before, but the fermentation has the beer literally moving in a vortex. I took a short vid, bit hard to see, but you can see the beer moving.

P1050163-1.flv video by ntolerance - Photobucket

That was one thing that blew me away when I started brewing (and still does)- how much movement is in that carboy. I can sit there and watch it for a very long time, no problems. I've never seen it get as crazy as yours, though.

Took that video at 9:30 am......its 1:30 pm now and its still as strong. Be interesting to see how long it does that. The foam is blocking my view, but I wonder if there is a small vortex in the center of the carboy....

Back