Kegging vs Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle6357

Reaction score
Getting ready to get started and I'm torn between kegging vs bottling.

Im leaning more towards kegging since it doesn't require a ton of bottles. Ha!

Any insight? If you do keg what do you use for equipment?

Certain beers take better to bottles for aging (Belgians, Barleywines) simply because you don't have to waste a 50 dollar keg just sitting around and not being used.

But if you have the money to keg go for it, makes bottling day go much faster. I bottle because it's much cheaper and I don't have the ability to dedicate a beer fridge.

OK so if Im kegging what equipment do you recommend?

http://www.cornykeg.com/index.asp?category=24754

Obviously you have more choices but they're about as cheap as you'll find the corny kegs themselves and just make sure if you get a ball or pin that you stick to that style as they have different connections, and if you want more info there's a link on the sidebar with tons of great info on the difference.

I do both, I mix my primeing sugar in my keg, hook to CO, fill how ever many bottles I want off co, (this is all before it is carbonated) then leave rest to carbonate in keg. So I usually have like 24 bottles and hall keg of beer. Best of both worlds and easy.

Back