Shank/Faucet DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanH

Reaction score
I would like to upgrade my picnic faucets but shanks/faucets are pretty expensive. Can't I just go to the hardware store and make one for a couple bucks?

Disregard; I found a thread that answers my questions.

Hi

Quick summary - it's all custom stuff that "works together". You need to spend the $12 on a shank and another $12 on a faucet.

Bob

I don't think I have seen them for $24 for the whole assembly. I will keep looking but if you can point me toward who has them for that price I would appreciate it. (I've been seeing them for more like $55)

Thanks

I don't think I have seen them for $24 for the whole assembly. I will keep looking but if you can point me toward who has them for that price I would appreciate it. (I've been seeing them for more like $55)

Thanks

If you see them for $55 or so, you're probably looking at a Perlick faucet/shank set. I've seen them for $24 or so on sale with a generic brass or chrome faucet. Birdman Brewing has them for $24.99 + shipping, and their prices are great for shipping. http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/chrome-faucet-shank-combo-kit/

Back