Fresh mushrooms and onions over grilled steak.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Bob made a great dinner tonight. I was raking the yard at our cottage the other day and he got all excited about my leaves. Turns out, I inadvertently found a patch of shaggy mane mushrooms. He identified it, then cooked them for me.
He started with the sauteed mushrooms and onions in olive oil and a bit of butter.
DSCF2122.jpg
Then, he served it over a medium rare grilled steak with fresh cracked black pepper.

It was great! He's not a mycologist, just a biologist, so I hope I'm still alive tomorrow to talk about another great meal. :D

Man, I love mushrooms but don't trust myself to be able to tell yummy from toxic. Those look good!

While I don't have any growing in my yard, I love mushrooms and onions.
I'm doing a mascarpone/emmentaler cheese with mushroom, onion and bacon stuffed acorn squash and some BBQ turkey breast tenderloins tonight for dinner

Just Sunday night I had sauteed onions/mushrooms on top of grilled chicken breast with provolone cheese on top (lightly browned of course). Luv me some smo-steak or smo-chicken!:mug:

Back