• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cornies on eBay -- not mine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Even with shipping its cheaper to buy than my LHBS. I can get 2 for about $47 with shipping when my LHBS charges $35 for 1....

I've purchased from that vendor before. Some of the kegs were dented at the bottom and they were not pressure positive when I received them, but I was replacing the o-rings anyways, so it didn't matter.

Shipping is VERY reasonable but it sort of tops out at 5 (36 bucks shipping for 5 for me, if I change it to six it jumps to 57) Great seller!

I've purchased from that vendor before. Some of the kegs were dented at the bottom and they were not pressure positive when I received them, but I was replacing the o-rings anyways, so it didn't matter.

Shipping is VERY reasonable but it sort of tops out at 5 (36 bucks shipping for 5 for me, if I change it to six it jumps to 57) Great seller!

What do you mean they werent pressure positive? Just that they wouldnt hold any pressure? I was planning to replace all of the o rings, but was just curious what else i need to look out for

They weren't holding pressure when they arrived. Generally kegs are shipped with at least a few psi of pressure inside to show that they hold pressure when the seller shipped them, that way you cant complain about them sending you a defective keg, or one that won't hold pressure. You can tell this because they should hiss when you pull the ring.

I then tried getting them to hold pressure and only one wouldn't hold with its current o-ring, swapped it out and it was all set.

They weren't holding pressure when they arrived. Generally kegs are shipped with at least a few psi of pressure inside to show that they hold pressure when the seller shipped them, that way you cant complain about them sending you a defective keg, or one that won't hold pressure. You can tell this because they should hiss when you pull the ring.

I then tried getting them to hold pressure and only one wouldn't hold with its current o-ring, swapped it out and it was all set.

Thanks, I figured thats what you meant. When i got my kegging setup a few months ago, the did come pressure sealed. But if i get from anywhere that isnt sealed or doesnt have all new rings, ill test before i out the beer in there

Back