This just in: Alcohol clouds in space

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IowaHarry

Reaction score
I just watched a show on history where the science dudes and dudettes are opining that there are in fact giant clouds of alcohol in space.

This leads me to the conclusion, learned brethren, that my theory on space yeast has been right all along. Vindication at last.

Yeasts are aliens from outer space and have invaded the earth to enslave mankind.

And just let me be the first to toady down to our intergalactic overlords and maybe compliment the intergalactic overlord on a job well done. (Is it "toady down" or "toady up", I'm not real clear on the right way to do that?)

Bravo, yer lordshipness, bravo. May your kreusen encompass the galaxy, nay the universe.

And that is a beautiful dress Mrs. yer lordshipness, it looks great on you. No it doesn't make your ass look fat at all.

Yes Mr. yer lordshipness, she's a keeper, you're a lucky yeast.

Yes Mr. yer lordshipness, I'll try to control the butt kissing.

Yes sir, shutting up now sir.

Astronomers say they have spotted a cloud of alcohol in deep space that measures 463 billion kilometres across, a finding that could shed light on how giant stars are formed from primordial gas.

The vast bridge-shaped cloud of methyl alcohol has been spotted in a region of our galaxy, the Milky Way, that is called W3(OH), where stars are being formed by the gravitational collapse of concentrations of gas and dust, the discoverers said in a press release.

Methanol, an organic (carbon-based) molecule, is a cousin of ethanol, which is found in alcoholic beverages.

Methanol is not suitable for human consumption.

Oh bullocks! :(

Wouldn't be the first time I've heard that something on our planet isn't from out planet. Mushrooms aren't from around here either. There was also that interesting Red Rain that fell a few years ago (I think it was in India actually) that was comprised of what seems to be cells that lack DNA...hmmmmmm.

Actually the hosts of Craftbrewer radio said 3 years ago when the clouds were discovered that it is proof that God is an Alcoholic and a homebrewer himself.

May 21st, 2006

Hear a most unique interview, where we prove God is a brewer, and loves beer. Graham looks into the brewing scene in South Africa, and a special report on Beertopia, Australia’s largest beer festival. Also, the second part on our feature - achieving real malt flavours with raw adjuncts; as well as feedback.

Click to listen

And boy the god in trouble from the Baptists. :D

Latest posts

Back