My first REAL attempt at a label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
OK Guys,
Here is my first real attempt at a label. I plan to use this as the general layout for my labels in the future. This is mostly hand drawn and scanned, then vectorized. The rest is hand drawn in Illustrator. Let me know what you think!

bitter.jpg

Ian

"Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase! It means "no worries" for the rest of your days!"

Shouldn't that be Pumbaa's label? ;)

As far as quality goes, your label looks top notch. But I'd personally go for a more fierce looking lion. Just my tastes though - if you like it's money.

AHU

funny that you mention that. I noticed after I drew it that it resembled the Lion King lions in style. Makes sense, that's one of my daughter's (she's 2 1/2) favorite movies. I've seen it like 50 times. I like that he's kind of smirking though. Looks kind of stoned too . . .;) or maybe just a little tipsy :drunk:

But, I don't think I'll make him fierce as I'm not very fierce . . .

thnking of changing him somewhat with each batch - mohawks and earrings, black eye, different expressions, you get the picture.

Great work. I think I'd like it more though with a different color for the exterior background. Seems like too much orangey and yellow colors right now.

Definitely love the Bitter, just met her, thing. Quite witty.

Thanks! Yeah it did get kind of ambery orange didn't it? Maybe a repeating ghosted pattern in the background or something.

Back