wine fridge as a fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamonamariwe

Reaction score
hey i was given an old wine fridge and i want to use it as a fermentation chamber. my buckets barely fit, but would do so without any problem if i got rid of the ridges for the racks on the side of the fridge. anyone know if i can do this without messing up the fridge?

Most likely, yes. I use two Visanni 52 bottle wine fridges for fermentation chambers. I use an STC-1000 temp controller to keep the temp where I want it. On the Visanni, you can adjust the screw in the thermostat and get down close to freezing temperatures if desired. What model is your Wine cooler? Not many will fit buckets, especially the larger ones for making wine....mine barely fit. Sounds like you scored with this one.

i've been using one for like 2 years now, works wonderfully!

I had a difficult time finding a Wine Cooler that fit a 6 gal carboy or a 6 gal bucket. Found one @ home depot for $219. Danby 35-Bottle Freestanding Wine Cooler.

Back