Fold up 3 tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagesgt903

Reaction score
Decided to finally build an all grain setup but wanted something that was a little smaller than the typical gravity 3 tier system. Ill get some better pics once I get it home and painted.

Decided to finally build an all grain setup but wanted something that was a little smaller than the typical gravity 3 tier system. Ill get some better pics once I get it home and painted.

i see no pics currently...:drunk:

Obviuosly he is busy painting the picture of the brewery. Damn some people are just so impatient when it comes to art :D

ForumRunner_20130417_203710.png

ForumRunner_20130417_203702.jpg

ForumRunner_20130417_203651.png

Making some fold out/slide out legs to keep it from tipping right now. I'll get some up close pics up shortly

Got threaded rod from Lowes and just welded hinges in place. Then to hold the legs to the frame some trailer ball lock pins. Its stable with no weight but its gonna need some legs in place for sure.

ForumRunner_20130418_080433.jpg

ForumRunner_20130418_080441.jpg

Subscribed! Been designing my own foldaway 3 tier compact. You've got some great ideas on this one. I'll share my drawings when I get a minute. Can't wait to see the final product. Good work.

I like this. I have been planning a folding benchtop attached to the garage side wall. Rather than support it with diagonal trusses I am thinking of suspending it from chains. I got a bit stuck on how to make the hinge but your threaded rod looks like a solid idea. Would pillow blocks be total overkill.

Pillow block would work as well. I thought about chains as well just wanted something more solid.

The problem with chains is side-to-side movement but I think that won't be much of an issue if I can anchor it at the hinge.

Wish it was mine. Building it at work, the perks of brewing for your managers lol.

Here's my plan. I have the brackets welded to the sides with bolts going through bi figure with this isometric it should lay flat when raised. It may work?

image-2472693181.jpg

I'm not sure if the kettle mt lt layout is the best but that's all negotiable.

Weld up the coupler to the keg and fab up some legs for the stand and ready for a test run! Can't wait for some all grain brew!

ForumRunner_20130420_170659.jpg

ForumRunner_20130429_172335.jpg

Well first run went pretty well. Gotta tinker with a couple things but all in all works like I wanted and stores away like I wanted without taking up much room.

Back