Time to bottle Westy 12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captainfester

Master of the Seas
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My first all grain batch was a Westy 12 Clone. I made this batch 9 months ago and had been aging in a carboy since then.

this weekend i will bottle it and in about a month i will try the first one.

Stay tuned for tasting notes, I am hoping it hasnt gone to pot while aging so long. I can only imagine that my patience will be rewarded with crap beer

westy.jpg

thanks for the tip, i did pitch a fresh packet a few weeks ago and i will pitch a final packet 3 days before bottling with a bit of nutrient.

heres hoping it all goes well!

If you pitched a few weeks ago you're probably fine, but I'm curious why you did that. I was talking about pitching into the bottling bucket. You can also boil the nutrient with priming sugar.

Probably to make sure you have enough yeast for bottle conditioning. I wouldn't think adding more would be necessary, but what do I know.

:rockin:i would agree with you, but i figure for a 3 dollar packet might as well be 100% spent a long tim waiting on this beer would hate for it not to carb over 3 bucks.

Then add two packets, because you just might need that extra packet to make it carb. Why spend such a long time waiting then skimp on another $3? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you've already re-yeasted, you'll be fine. :mug:

Back