Mash tun manifold design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blefferd

Reaction score
Need some help with my manifold design. This is what I have.

What parts get slots and what is a good spacing for it? Any help would be appreciated.

image-816185545.jpg

I spaced my cuts approximately 1/2" apart. I would put cuts on all parts with the way you have it layed out.

That's some burned flux, man! I know of which I speak. :)

I did 1/2" spacing too. it looks like I have a similar cooler.

Yeah, I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to soldering lol. It does what I need it to do though lol. I have yet to clean it since I still have more work on it.

So I should put cuts on all the pipes? I was going to add another piece for the out flow once I figure out what type of connection I was going to use.

Cooler is a Coleman 70qt extreme

I might change it some and shorten up the the inner legs to bring the T fitting closer to the bulk head and add another horizontal section.

Yeah I would recommend putting cuts on all section of pipe. 1/2 inch spacing sounds about right, but its not an exact science. I wouldn't worry about measuring. I also think you should leave all connections loose which will facilitate cleaning. Once everything is in place before mashing in, those connections shouldn't come apart.

Latest posts

Back