If you could share a pint with anyone, who would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottlebomber said:
If you drank with Satan, would the beer have to taste like Satans anus?

I dunno... does YOUR beer taste like YOUR anus?

My dad. He passed away when I was younger and we never had the chance to sit down and enjoy some beer. I bet he would've loved to home brew with me too.
That being said it makes the time with my mom more special, though we drink wine and not beer, as she has not really liked any beer she's tasted so far. It would be nice to find a style that would convert her!

bottlebomber said:
I dunno... Wanna do a swap? You pay customs.

You'd have to include a piece of your anus, for comparison. And a sizable chunk at that... if the piece is too small to taste properly, it renders the hole thing pointless.

emjay said:
You'd have to include a piece of your anus, for comparison. And a sizable chunk at that... if the piece is too small to taste properly, it renders the hole thing pointless.

You win... I don't think I have a pound of flesh in this regard. Hole thing... Jaja. Time to sleep.

bottlebomber said:
I should have had you pegged for an MJK fan ;)

Interestingly enough, it was my 12th grade philosophy teacher who turned me on to him and Tool.

I like the idea of sharing a pint with Jesus. Not so that I could ask a bunch of questions or anything. Just a couple of friends sharing a relaxing drink together. Maybe he would be up for a trade, I hear he makes a good wine!

Barnstormer said:
I like the idea of sharing a pint with Jesus. Not so that I could ask a bunch of questions or anything. Just a couple of friends sharing a relaxing drink together. Maybe he would be up for a trade, I hear he makes a good wine!

Maybe he would wash your feet even... Just a thought ;)

Would you like to try their beers, or them to try yours? ;)

I've made Ben Franklin's, it's not bad....GW's recipe kinda scares me. :D

Where can I find those recipes? I guess I would like to drink their beer, however I would be interested to know what they think of mine.

William Wallace, my ancestral hero,Popcorn Sutton,the greatest moonshiner in history,and my dad who I haven't seen in 3 years due to a family dispute between my sister and myself. He decided to choose sides.

Maybe he would wash your feet even... Just a thought ;)

Screw that, I'd fill a corny with water and have HIM make us the beer.

Can I choose more than 1 person? :x
1. My grandfather, my ma's side, I never met him he passed when my ma was like 15.
2. General Patton.

Ok, I know I already had my turn, but now I have a buzz and want to choose:
Rod Serling, Jesus, Einstein, Guenter Wendt, and all the knights of the round table.

Ok, Hemmingway from the OP was a good call but he'd drink me under the table.
I'd Like to drink with Gen. Matis. He talks straight and would make the night interesting.
Then I'd like to drink with my girlfriend. She gave up drinking a few years ago but she used to get silly after a couple.
Zac Brown. He just seems like he'd start slow and mellow then the next morning I'd be trying to figure out why I woke up in a beach when when I live in Atlanta.

Okay, I'm going to follow Whippy's rebelious lead. :D

I don't want to drink a brew with some historical figures (Dad's still the #1, just so you know)

And also. I want to share a pint with a few here on HBT.

Ray!
PassedPawn who I call Pappy
Stauffbier my good friend Mike
Yooper no doubt!
Like to have a conversation with BB and Revvy and Cheezydemon all three at the same time.
There are more but I could go on all night.

One more for certain, a young fellow named Ahaley. Really like that guy. Very good and humble young man.

More here on HBT that I'll later regret not mentioning.

Me and Cheezy on mushrooms is not going to be a good situation. And I don't even want to see Revvy shrooming.

I'd go with Dr. Ron Paul or Laurence M Vance. As for dead folks, probably go with Mark Twain, Cincinnatus, or Viktor Frankl. I think Desmond Doss would be an interesting person.

Certainly some of the more entertaining/enjoyable conversations I've had have been with my elders, bluesmen in particular such as Bud Spires, Jimmy 'Duck' Holmes, T-Model Ford, & Paul Jones. Split many a pint with Bud Spires learning to blow harp.

Dan said:
Okay, I'm going to follow Whippy's rebelious lead. :D

I don't want to drink a brew with some historical figures (Dad's still the #1, just so you know)

Ray!
Yooper no doubt!
Like to have a conversation with BB and Revvy and Cheezydemon all three at the same time.

One more for certain, a young fellow named Ahaley. Really like that guy. Very good and humble young man.

Well Dan, let's make it a date, when I get back from basic training and ait for the army, let's see where they station me!
I try to be a good guy, like my dad taught. I like to try this thing called respect from time to time. It makes some people feel good :p

Us lefties have to stick together. Best of luck to you in your Army career! You will get out of it what you put in. And don't let the stupid BS they put you through in he beginning change your mind.

From what I have learned of you here on HBT. I think you'll do fine. Just keep positive.

And I'll take you up on the beers. You get to California and the brew is on me!

Nostradamus is my first choice. I could certainly use some insider information at this point in life. Pacal the Great over a pint of Chicha as we discuss this whole calender thing. My late Nonno. He had some interesting WWII stories but my italian was remedial at best. Would love to catch up, in english, over a Peroni and Pizza de Napoli.

Rod Serling
I didn't think about him! I'm sure drinking a beer with him would turn out to be some kind of 4th dimensional experience!

Ray!
Yooper no doubt!

Thanks Dan! I was thinking the same thing! :mug:

Dan said:
Us lefties have to stick together. Best of luck to you in your Army career! You will get out of it what you put in. And don't let the stupid BS they put you through in he beginning change your mind.

From what I have learned of you here on HBT. I think you'll do fine. Just keep positive.

And I'll take you up on the beers. You get to California and the brew is on me!

Oh ya, and thanks, it's something I've wanted to do since I was like 12 now I'm finally making it happen!
I live in California haha, I'm in nor cal.

Back