Anyone ever do a group buy from Chinese Keg Manufacturer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could you go wrong with that description?

"This kind of kegs is made of single layer stainless steel SSUS 304, with only one beer inlet on the top of the keg. And this kind of keg is special designed for containing the fresh beer."

_

How could you go wrong with that description?

"This kind of kegs is made of single layer stainless steel SSUS 304, with only one beer inlet on the top of the keg. And this kind of keg is special designed for containing the fresh beer."

_

Ha... I am assuming that their translation to english is not indicative of their quality.. Just hoping a great price for some new keggles.

Depending on the price, I could be interested in this. I'm north fo Baltimore, but not too far for a trip to Philly.

I was also looking at that site, but it's not clear what their prices are, as none are posted (that I saw). The kegs all look nice, and who wouldn't want a "Fresh-keeping keg"

I sent an email asking for delivered price, CIF to Houston for 100 of them. I'll post their response here if anyone ever contacts me.

Here's what was sent back to me, sorry for the delay:

Thank you for contacting us, via our website on 17th Mar, about stainless steel beer keg.

1. Attached are the details about 1/2B keg we currently produce( they will be sent by two seperate mails), including price, surface treating, circular welding, logo embossing and serial number engraving for your ref. Pls kindly check. Hope it would provide a brief introduction about our kegs.

2. Bcs I'm not sure which type of extractor do you need. So the price doesn't including price of extractor. And usually people will choose D-type extractor( one is with screw thread, and one without screw thread,pls kindly check them in attachment), the extractor is FOBQingdao US9.20/pc.

3.The price in attachment is in FOBQingdao term based on MOQ 300pcs. If for 100pcs to Houston TX, the price are as follow:
CIF Houston of 15.5Gallon is US$113.55/pc.
CIF Houston of 5.16Gallon is US$70.30/pc.

Hope you can share us your opinion about this quotation.

Best regards!

Sunny Fang
Qingdao Jinyou Technology Co., Ltd.
Konggang Industrial Park, Chengyang District, Qingdao China.
Tel: 0086-532-87710797
Fax: 0086-532-87710755
Mobile: 0086-13589330471
E-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]

How much is the cost to get an empty Keg to Philly? :D

OR should we each area get a buy going for themselves?

Do they only sell in bulk of 100 or more. I'm thinking the philly guys could get a couple people together for a buy.

I am interested, but this is going to be difficult due shipping from whomever buys 100 / 300 of them. The chicompany sells legal used sanke for $85, plus shipping.
I would rather have new, but depends on the cost increase. Wonder how much shipping is for a sanke?

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of opening a contract brewery and have quotes on 50L kegs in the $83 range. I'm only ordering 50 of that type, as well as 30 20Ls, and the shipping isnt bad. I think if you were to get 100 you could negotiate a good price. Right now shipping is like $9/keg. I've got 2 different suppliers and they're all in the same range for price and shipping costs.

I found them on Alibaba. The kegs look solid and I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering them.

Here's one: http://www.hbhibro.com/view.asp?d_id=113

Let me know what you guys think or if you know anything about these guys that I dont. The specs I got are for D stems and DIN specs. The only reason I even care is that the 20L in that spec are tall and slim whereas other specs make the 20L short and stout (like a teapot, har har).

Anyway, just trying to help.

H

Ha... I am assuming that their translation to english is not indicative of their quality.. Just hoping a great price for some new keggles.

You know what they say about assuming...
Knowing what I know about China, quality, and Chinese quality, I would be a bit hesitant to purchase an expensive item from them without seeing an in-hand sample...just saying.

Chinese salesman, "I think, maybe, this best quality."
:D

You can ask them to send a sample over to me in Beijing and I will report back to you guys! :)

What are you guys going to do with something that's probably contaminated with lead, cadmium, melamine, not stainless steel and is generally poorly constructed? Good ruck!

Dan- do you have any reason for thinking that or are you speculating? I ask because I have a very real sum of money at stake and would like to know if you have any evidence of this or if it's just a rumor.

Thanks!

What are you guys going to do with something that's probably contaminated with lead, cadmium, melamine, not stainless steel and is generally poorly constructed? Good ruck!

That is not necessarily a baseless claim - past performance = future performance...They can't sort out how to get milk from a cow to a bottle without contaminating it with industrial chemicals...
I was attempting to make an immersion chiller and was told by the facilities director at my employer to not purchase solder over here as it most likely is not lead-free even though it is listed as lead-free...
I would be hesitant to purchase something in bulk from China prior to being able to check it out. Obviously you can get legit products over here, but more often than not, there is something F'ed up with them.
Major US companies would not source materials from China via a website without first getting their hands on a sample - I am just suggesting you do the same.

Yeah, I would second that, I work in mech engineering and know that the chineese generally will order steel from EU, or Japan if they need to make something worthwhile. They are particularly bad on stainless stees (rusts, lead presance, ect)

Was there any resolution of this thread? I work in manufacturing, and we will only rarely buy chinese made machined parts. I've been given to understand that once they get something right it will generally be repeatable, but that the early production lots can be problematic.

That's certainly been the case with the close tolerance machined parts we purchased.

[foreigngreg]'s comment re SS may be a problem. Weld quality may also be an issue. Or this could be much about nothing, and if these guys have been doing it for a while they may be okay. Who wants to go audit the plant?

Latest posts

Back