William's Brewing Oxygenation Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilrascal

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A couple months ago I purchased the Oxygen aeration kit from William's Brewing. It contained the regulator/valve for a disposable welding oxygen bottle, and stainless wand and stone. I have used it twice now, and when you turn on flow of O2 with the knob, oxygen also leaks around the knob too. It does flow out the wand, but as I said a lot flows out around the regulator knob too. I wasn't sure if this was normal. I shot them an email asking the other day, but haven't heard back. Anybody else have one of these?

I just looked on their website to post a link of the product, and can't find it anymore on their site. :confused:

Mine does that sometimes, too. Quick way to drain a tank! Kind of whistles when it's leaking. Usually I can just back off on the dial a little bit and it stops, and it seems that if I put my thumb on top of the regulator and push down, it seals it back up. But yeah, they're pretty cheaply made.

It's off the site because it appears that NOBODY had those regulators for sale these days, seems to be a shortage (can buy from a few welding places, that's about it).

Yea it does make that whistle noise too. I will try the tricks of dialing back and pushing down. I went to use it the second time and the tank was empty. I am hoping it was because the first time I used it, I made the mistake of storing the tank with the regulator on it when done causing a slow leak of the oxygen tank contents.

With the regulator leaking around the knob, how many batches are you getting per tank?

Interesting...I have one of those and no leaks, no whistles. I wonder if they had prblems with some of them, and that's why they're hard to find? I've used mine with the same bottle for probably 5-6 batches.

Yea it does make that whistle noise too. I will try the tricks of dialing back and pushing down. I went to use it the second time and the tank was empty. I am hoping it was because the first time I used it, I made the mistake of storing the tank with the regulator on it when done causing a slow leak of the oxygen tank contents.

With the regulator leaking around the knob, how many batches are you getting per tank?

Before I learned the quirks of my reg, I was pretty much draining a bottle per session (didn't realize how much it was leaking). Yours may be worse than mine - just hope that it's like mine, and you just need to tweak it to keep it from leaking. If you hear it whistling, though, and you can't get it to stop, you'll be lucky to get two batches out of it.

I also always take the reg off as soon as I'm done (and never put it on until I'm ready to use it), no need to keep it on. Figure my luck, I'll knock the bottle over and break the damn thing. They're cheap little things, I had one of them just fall apart on me. Sucks that they're expensive and so hard to find.

I would "S" can those "made in China" O2 valves and step up to a small welding O2 regulator and purchase a small welding O2 bottle. In the long run this will be cheaper than replacing O2 bottles. More Beer had a sale on their 2 micron with 1/4" flare fitting stones a couple months ago. I'm past the 4 year time with the same welding O2 bottle and it's only lost 500 psi with my use as well a neighbors brewing sessions, it's a 213 cu/ft bottle.

I was suspecting mine was leaking too although I never noticed it happening directly. My first bottle lasted 6 uses and my second bottle (50% bigger mind you) only lasted two. I decided to take the regulator off when not in use so it sounds like I'm glad I did!

Big operation "William's Brewing" by their catalog huh?
Their location app 6 miles away from me I walked thru
their open loading dock since I was next door on business.
Shocking a 85% empty warehouse my house has more
sq/ft of floor space. They are simply a phone order
and ship middle person operation with very little grain
besides a small side office with one employee having a bad
attitude telling me to get the hell out of their open warehouse.
From what I saw "China" the departure location on some bulk boxed
items in there.
A garage sale junk regulator find should be way cheaper at 50 /50
chance of being good to operate as better than those junk O2 valves.
JMO of what I saw, not impressed.

Back