Anyone brewing on Halloween night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

Reaction score
I am planning an oatmeal stout for this scary evening. I'll put some cold treats in the fridge if any parents wander into my garage brewspace.

A halloween brewcast would be a good idea. Every one all dressed up and brewing in a big pot. I will bring the the eye of newt and the toad wart. :)

Mashed in the stout at 4pm. Looking good. Curious trick or treaters should be around in a few hours.

I've got about 20 minutes to go in my mash.
Brewing my second batch of Spiced Cherry Belgian Dubbel for the year.

Not brewing, but I am excited to try to the bottle of Dogfish Head Sah'tea that I picked up to take to our friends house party this evening.

Just finished the boil on an AG 3 gallon batch of Bitter, which is now cooling in my sink ice-bath. No costume, though; just enjoying the fact that the kids were both invited elsewhere tonight, getting a little "alone-time" brewing up a batch.

I should have used a black cauldron.

brew day from hell. Windy rainy day, so figured I'd brew in the garage and leave the door up about a foot when the burners are running and a window open to get enough ventilation. Dropped the grain bucket filling up the mill. had to reweigh everything and guess at the mix of grains that got into the motorcycle lift.

went good after that until it was time to sparge, the tube from the false bottom came off. clogged up the pump with grain and had to scoop out the grains to a different keggle. figured everything was converted so didn't worry about the temperature loss.

finally got the kettle full and boiling after about 5 hours. Got the fermenters full after about 7 hours. Brewed Jamil's moose drool clone. Named it witches drool. It better turn out good.

big bag of candy for the runts, but no runts have showed and it's about 1 1/2 hours after dark. I need a beer.

Brewing an amber tonight based on Jamil's Red Rocket recipe. Just mashed in. I have a bowl of candy sitting on an inverted keggle if any trick or treaters come by.

Didn't have time to do an all-grain today, but I just put together an impromptu batch of apfelwein.

And I'll be having a few Black & Oranges later (Guinness and Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale).

Just finished the oatmeal stout. Verrry slow runoff had me worried, but I just grabbed a homebrew and all went well. 5 Trick or Treaters showed up and picked candy over beer. Hit my gravity right on with an efficiency of 76.86%. I just need a good name for the stout. Frankenstout?

I brewed an amber/red ale based on a clone of Red Tail ale, but with a few ounces of roasted barley added for depth. It was great fun if a bit hectic, with all the kids coming to the door.

Ordinary bitter tomorrow afternoon.

Tonight will be focused on dressing up like brother thomas and drinking fine belgian brews at brouwers.

Back