3/4 " copper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
What the hell can i do with this stuff? I have about 20' of it and it is huge. I traded a buddy 3 regualr commercial taps for it but at the time he thought it was 3/8", he was wrong.

So off to the store i go to get the right size copper for my CFC, but is there anything i can do with this stuff?

Reverend

You could use it as the outer jacket of your CFC but then you'd probably want to use at least 1/2" for the inner coil. Then again, I wouldn't want to be the one to coil it.

Even though i picked up an old heater core from my local auto shop, what about coiling that 3/4 copper in an old drywall bucket and using that as a prechiller. Fill old bucket with ice and water and then run tap water into the 3/4 copper then have that feed into my CFC?

Might be a bit more effective than the old heater core.

Personally, I'd put that big stuff up on Ebay or sell it at the scrap yard. Take that money and buy a used submersible pump and put THAT into the bucket of ice water to feed the CFC. Dump the garden hose into the bucket to replenish. That would be the most effective way to remove heat from the tap water.

Latest posts

Back