Just wondering?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokems

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Montrachet or other champagne yeast to ferment a ale or lager ect. Please let me know hwat the results were. Did it increase gravity or just taste like $hit?

I haven't done it, but it certainly wouldn't increase the gravity..

Wine yeast are more alcohol tolerant and would eat up as many sugars as it could until it died off.

What you would have is a very crisp and dry beer, nothing like the disired "bready" taste that ale yeast gives beer.

Probably would taste like a watered down barley wine, but I can only speculate.

Has anyone ever used Montrachet or other champagne yeast to ferment a ale or lager ect. Please let me know hwat the results were. Did it increase gravity or just taste like $hit?

I'm assuming you mean a wine yeast. It will add a wineish flavor, hard to describe. I attempted a lemonade malt beverage once and tasted it before the lemon was added.

If you want to experiment go for it, but i would not advise it for something your not willing to ruin.

:mug:

Back