Brewers night out - 1/26

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL - raymcneil - junior member ! Glad to read you are on the mend ..hang in there Ray - with some effort you can be one of the senior members (smile)

Loved all the pictures .. thx for putting them up..

Molasses beer anyone?

Main Entry: ri·bes Pronunciation: \ˈrī-(ˌ)bēz\ Function: noun Inflected Form(s): plural ribes Etymology: New Latin, from Medieval Latin, currant, from Arabic rībās rhubarb Date: 1543 : any of a genus (Ribes) of shrubs (as a currant or a gooseberry) placed either in the saxifrage or gooseberry family that have small racemose variously colored flowers and pulpy 2-seeded to many-seeded berries

flavorwheel.gif

I might have tried to not crash so soon after getting back from the bar had I known Landhoney's beer was being offered... but damn, I was gone. Not as bad as Kaiser, but gone.

Thanks for sharing the pics. It's always kinda cool to be able to put faces with the names.

olllllo said:
Do you take good notes?

Kaiser does!

2226115373_eec8d186ec.jpg

2226906324_dc430b3a59.jpg

2226906324_dc430b3a59.jpg

Okay, total geek question of me, but anyone know what's in these notes and/or where I could get similar note pads? I think it could really help my note taking.

olllllo said:
Kai made them and they're in German.

We discussed them in English. He's got charts, and graphs for everything. :mug:
I'm wondering if he graphed or charted his buzz Saturday night. I'm confident mine was way off the charts.

the_bird said:
I might have tried to not crash so soon after getting back from the bar had I known Landhoney's beer was being offered... but damn, I was gone. Not as bad as Kaiser, but gone.

I don't know... I don't remember Kai bouncing off the walls of the hallway like a pinball.

:drunk:

I am really glad to see that the Berkshire and Wolaver bombers found their way out west ... but sadly no McNeill's ! I have a clone recipe for the Firehouse Ale !

Vermicous, Bird, OlllllllllllO, Evanmars, Hippie, KappClark, Kai, Ray McNeill, Glib
and the man in the crimson cape is the one and only Alfred....A Brattleboro icon.

mcneill's_640x480.jpg

I had a great time and wanted to thank some people. Thanks to Glibbidy for hosting once again and putting up with a bunch of drunken idiots. Thanks to Ray for giving us a tour and hanging out later. Thanks to Alfred for reminding me how much changes once you cross the NH/VT border. And thanks to everyone else for somehow surviving my snoring and flatulence.

The calm before the storm. Evanmars, olllllo, Kaiser, and Glibbidy waiting for the remainder to show.

[
early.jpg

More waiting with a couple of beers being drunk. Evanmars, Kappclark, Kaiser, Glibbidy, and Hippie.

[
early2.JPG

The tour of Ray's new brewery, very much in the middle of construction. All the cars have been parked, serious drinking has commenced. Kaiser, The_bird, and someone's arm are visible.

After the tour. Kaiser and olllllo going over Kaiser's meticulous notes. The_bird drinking his smoked hefe? Glibbidy's pilsner? The beers were starting to run together at this point. Bottles are the table were from Kaiser's oxygen experiment to show cardboard flavors.

P.S. I really have to figure out how to post pictures correctly.

Pretty much everything has been touched now. Kaiser's bottles are empty and the sake has been cracked open. Food has been brought out, probably too late for general sanity. Kaiser is wearing a collander and doing pirouettes, I really don't remember why.

madness_decends.JPG

A picture of some of the empties. I am kicking myself now for not taking a picture of the back porch and the many kegs therein.

dead_soldiers.JPG

Kaiser reading Ray Daniels aloud while eating greens. Everything is pretty much beyond help at this point.

vitamins.JPG

The_bird shouting at Hippie about something. I think it was about this point that various singalongs began, the only one I remember was "Hey, Hey, We're the Drunkies".

the_bird_yelling.JPG

Somewhere around that point we left to get some air (and calm everyone down). Unfortunately, I forgot to take further pictures and am glad the olllllo remembered to take some more.

I had a great time and hope there were no repercussions for anyone involved.

My only question is, "When is the next one?".

There's not much that's more frightening in this world than hearing the phrase "it was about this point that various singalongs began," not remembering any of those singalongs, yet knowing that you are in fact one know to burst into song....

Psss... this was a TOTAL sausage fest, unfortunately. Next time, we'll make Yooper fly out (or you're welcome to come on out... ;)).

Jester and Red were going to make it down, but she had something going on... :(

Back