100% Wheat Beer Recipe Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbbarnes

Reaction score
My Homebrew club has asked me to give a demonstration covering Brew In A Bag and how BIAB can be used to brew high percentage wheat beers. There is a video from Basic Brewing explaining that the BIAB eliminates/decreases the chance of a stuck mash.
Another brewer and I will be getting together this weekend to brew two wheat beers to take to the meeting and sample. I would like some suggestions for a 5 gallon recipe to try utilizing as much wheat as possible. We are thinking of trying one of the batches with traditional wheat yeast and the 2ND beer might be a hoppy wheat beer using a clean fermenting ale yeast.
I have no experience creating recipes so I am asking you gentlemen for some ideas. If you could brew a beer using a high percentage of wheat, what would you create?

I just made a wheat beer that had 45% wheat and 30% rye. I used a pound of rice hulls and the otherness 25% was 6 row. I had a horrible stuck sparge. You could take out the rye and use only wheat instead. I late hopped with calypso using an ounce at 15, 5, 1. I am fermenting with us05 and it smells amazing. I haven't tasted it yet but you could do something similar and I bet it would come out great.

Back