Applied to UC-Davis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonfly

Reaction score
So, some of y'all might know that I'm studying music @ Indiana University... but there's a good chance I'm going to transfer assuming I get accepted - just submitted my application to UC-davis the other day! So I still have to practice 4 hrs / day until I get my acceptance letter (&) but I might be on my way to becoming a pro!... or maybe swing to the dark side (enology) :D

Dragonfly said:
So, some of y'all might know that I'm studying music @ Indiana University... but there's a good chance I'm going to transfer assuming I get accepted - just submitted my application to UC-davis the other day! So I still have to practice 4 hrs / day until I get my acceptance letter (&) but I might be on my way to becoming a pro!... or maybe swing to the dark side (enology) :D
Wow, that's a big switch! You won't have to practice 4 hrs / day, but I bet some of the classes might be just a bit tougher. :(

El Pistolero said:
Wow, that's a big switch! You won't have to practice 4 hrs / day, but I bet some of the classes might be just a bit tougher. :(

I don't think brewing and music are too distantly related...

and damn, I'm convinced music is the hardest sh*T around - theory, ear training, history, performing aaand practicing every free moment - it wears you out dude.

but I'm not gonna switch completely (if I do at all) ... I'll probly play in the jazz band @ UC if I go there

funny thing - on my application I spent like 500 words talking about brewing & its effects on my life - and my birthdate is on that application!

lol I don't think they'd care too much - who could go to college for brewing science w/out ever brewing before?

Dragonfly said:
and damn, I'm convinced music is the hardest sh*T around - theory, ear training, history, performing aaand practicing every free moment - it wears you out dude.
From a fellow music major, I can agree with that. In college I practically lived in the music building. Good luck.

Dragonflies are Kingdom-Anamalia, Phylum-Arthropoda, Class-Insecta and Order-Odonata and YOU, my friend, are Odonata bad guy... Oh Linnaeus... but seriously I just saw your post on here and wanted to show my support for your ambitious scholastic efforts and also make sure you know that if there's anything I can do to help you get into UC that I'm here for you, as long as you keep doing your dishes and not bitching about it. It's not that I want you out of Bloomington per se, really I just want you to get in there so I can come and visit and drink the delicious quasi-professional beer you're going to be brewing. Also I'd like to head out that direction after I'm done with my hometown schooling, as does Mark, and it would be awesome if we all lived in the same area on down the road. But if you're going to be leaving we need to get brewing, so knock out those finals and we'll get to the important stuff.

See you around the kitchen ;)

Back